Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NAE Slowdown?

Tip us?

Triumph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] NAE Slowdown?

I have recently installed about 2 weeks ago the stock 4.4.2 (NAE) rom. (From this thread: [ROM] [STOCK] [NAE] [4.4.2] Stock Rooted NAE Rom - Yes it boots)
Everything has gone great, all radio's, and everything works fine.

Then I Installed the Google Now Launcher. Everything was ok for about a day or two, then I've been getting slowdowns returning to the home screen. To the point, when I press the home key, it sits on the last application's exit screen that I was trying to exit, until the phone falls asleep. When I wake it, then it is back at the home screen.

This happens on both the Google Now Launcher, and TouchWiz (Stock Launcher)

Is there anything I could clear out on the phone?
I have 600mb free on the device memory, so I don't think it's from having too many apps on the phone, but at this point I don't know.

jmjles
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
I have recently installed about 2 weeks ago the stock 4.4.2 (NAE) rom. (From this thread: [ROM] [STOCK] [NAE] [4.4.2] Stock Rooted NAE Rom - Yes it boots)

Then I Installed the Google Now Launcher. Everything was ok for about a day or two, then I've been getting slowdowns returning to the home screen. To the point, when I press the home key, it sits on the last application's exit screen that I was trying to exit, until the phone falls asleep. When I wake it, then it is back at the home screen.

I have 600mb free on the device memory, so I don't think it's from having too many apps on the phone, but at this point I don't know.
Factory reset?
or try looking throu you file with a file manager and delete files you no longer use.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

Why not try booting to recovery, clearing out the cach and the dalvik.
And also go into manage apps and delete the caches for them too - things like internet, facebook, tapatalk/xda, books/magazines etc.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.