[Q] NAE Slowdown?

18th March 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

150 posts
I have recently installed about 2 weeks ago the stock 4.4.2 (NAE) rom. (From this thread: [ROM] [STOCK] [NAE] [4.4.2] Stock Rooted NAE Rom - Yes it boots)
Everything has gone great, all radio's, and everything works fine.

Then I Installed the Google Now Launcher. Everything was ok for about a day or two, then I've been getting slowdowns returning to the home screen. To the point, when I press the home key, it sits on the last application's exit screen that I was trying to exit, until the phone falls asleep. When I wake it, then it is back at the home screen.

This happens on both the Google Now Launcher, and TouchWiz (Stock Launcher)

Is there anything I could clear out on the phone?
I have 600mb free on the device memory, so I don't think it's from having too many apps on the phone, but at this point I don't know.
19th March 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
Try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph

I have recently installed about 2 weeks ago the stock 4.4.2 (NAE) rom. (From this thread: [ROM] [STOCK] [NAE] [4.4.2] Stock Rooted NAE Rom - Yes it boots)

Then I Installed the Google Now Launcher. Everything was ok for about a day or two, then I've been getting slowdowns returning to the home screen. To the point, when I press the home key, it sits on the last application's exit screen that I was trying to exit, until the phone falls asleep. When I wake it, then it is back at the home screen.

I have 600mb free on the device memory, so I don't think it's from having too many apps on the phone, but at this point I don't know.

Factory reset?
or try looking throu you file with a file manager and delete files you no longer use.
19th March 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #3  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph

Why not try booting to recovery, clearing out the cach and the dalvik.
And also go into manage apps and delete the caches for them too - things like internet, facebook, tapatalk/xda, books/magazines etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread