Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Factory Reset on T999L

Tip us?

enveous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Post [Q] Factory Reset on T999L

I can't believe I searched for a while and I couldn't find the answer to this basic question, sorry if I didn't search enough and this has been answered before.

Does Factory Resetting my Galaxy S3 LTE on stock 4.3 erase all the data on my Internal SD card? And just to make 100% clear, I mean the internal 12ish GB SD card and not the external SD card.
Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB Wi-Fi // Stock 4.4 Kit Kat
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (T999L) // Stock 4.3 JB

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by enveous View Post
I can't believe I searched for a while and I couldn't find the answer to this basic question, sorry if I didn't search enough and this has been answered before.

Does Factory Resetting my Galaxy S3 LTE on stock 4.3 erase all the data on my Internal SD card? And just to make 100% clear, I mean the internal 12ish GB SD card and not the external SD card.
Doing a Factory reset only wipes the Data partition which only includes the installed applications and settings, not the internal memory also known as Internal SDcard.. I would make a backup just to be safe.. But your data will be fine..
====================================
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.4)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACROM 4.4.4)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile, and Carbon 4.4.4 with DKP Kernel)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaphodspeaks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enveous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphodspeaks View Post
Doing a Factory reset only wipes the Data partition which only includes the installed applications and settings, not the internal memory also known as Internal SDcard.. I would make a backup just to be safe.. But your data will be fine..
Sounds good, thanks for the reply!

On another note, I see you have the T999L and I must ask, does the ROM that you mention in your signature work fine for this phone? I mean, I've read that there are not many ROMS for the LTE version of the Galaxy S3.

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by enveous View Post
Sounds good, thanks for the reply!

On another note, I see you have the T999L and I must ask, does the ROM that you mention in your signature work fine for this phone? I mean, I've read that there are not many ROMS for the LTE version of the Galaxy S3.
Yeah.. The S3Rx will install perfectly on any T999, its pretty universal..
Its my favorite touchwiz rom.. There isnt much difference between the T999 and the T999L
The only adjustment I had to make was changing the Model number from T999 to T999L in my Build Prop which really didnt have to be done, but I did it for aesthetics..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326763
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.4)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACROM 4.4.4)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile, and Carbon 4.4.4 with DKP Kernel)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaphodspeaks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enveous
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphodspeaks View Post
Yeah.. The S3Rx will install perfectly on any T999, its pretty universal..
Its my favorite touchwiz rom.. There isnt much difference between the T999 and the T999L
The only adjustment I had to make was changing the Model number from T999 to T999L in my Build Prop which really didnt have to be done, but I did it for aesthetics..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326763
Thanks a lot, I'll try it out then!