Question [Q] How to sign files so that they work in Android System Recovery 3e

OP shehrozali

14th March 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Hello Guys
I am new to android so please correct my mistakes and i will try to give every detail as possible.
I am having Genx tablet GX pad 300 (It is rooted). By mistake i left my tablet as home and my small brother tried to unlock it. As it was password protected so after 15 failed failed attempts, it got hard locked and Asked for my Gmail ID and PASSWORD to unlock. BUT my wifi was disabled so i was not able to reset it.

An other method was to use ADB and bypass the Password, but The usb debugging was disabled so it didnt worked either

thirdly I saw a method (on XDA) to use Recovery mode to flash AROMA Filemanager and delete the files that were related to the password.

Now the real problem begins so please cross your fingers.
First i copied the 'aroma file manager" .zip file in external sd card. the file is in the attachment and here is the link to its XDA page, click here
First i booted my device into the Recovery mode and seleted the the option "Apply update from external sd" and selected the update file (.zip format). It gave me error
E Signature verfication failed
Installation aborted

I had Android System Recovery 3e

I did a five hour research and came to know that it is security in android system recovery 3e to reject unofficial installation, i came to know that if i have to fix these errors the either i have to flash a Custom rom like CWM or a MODDED Android system recovery 3e which allows the installation of unofficial apps. the problem is that there is now Custom CWM for my device and i dont know how to make one from the source code. Secondly they have to be installed by ADB but i cant acess my device locked. I also found that sometimes we try to flash a new recovery form within a recovery it may brick the device. i also found that the updates that can be flashed by android system recovery should be named Update.zip and should be officially signed.

I know that there are many methods and apps to sign the .zip files so that they are accepted by the Android system recovery 3e.
i came across apps like zipsigner and signapktic both of them are available on google play. I also used used manual method to sign the aroma filemanager .zip file but every thing i tried it gave me the E signature verification error installation aborted.

My Question is this that how to Sign files so that they are accepted in the ANDROID STOCK RECOVERY 3e
Please keep it simple as possible.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aromafm-1.91.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.37 MB, 35 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shehrozali For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Download APKManager (5.1). Extract it, copy your zip to ./other/ folder, run cmd.exe, change directory to ./other/ then sign using following command in cmd.exe:

java -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 your-rom.zip signed.zip.
Last edited by veg-; 19th March 2014 at 05:48 PM.
19th March 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
~It does not require internet connect connection..you can sign in to google account without internet~
Last edited by shyamSGY; 19th March 2014 at 05:50 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread