18th March 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torecdude

Hi,
I'm trying to extend my battery life. I read fast dormancy can extend my battery life significantly, but it depends on my device and mobile network provider.
Should i remove it? any one has tried it and can give me some feedback?
Thanks!

after update to 4.2.2 atrix heats too much.......... any solution?
18th March 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362

1,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdroid1991

after update to 4.2.2 atrix heats too much.......... any solution?

Create your own thread. it is a compkletely different problem. also, it has been answered in cm10.1's thread. in the last few pages, i think @palmbeach05 has covered this and other issues.

As for OP: AFAIK, fastdormancy comes preinstalled, depends upon your carrier and it automatically start to work whenever it detects your carrier supports it. but in my experience, i got better results removing it than wit it enablesd maybe due to the alpha nature of the kernel
18th March 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

Create your own thread. it is a compkletely different problem. also, it has been answered in cm10.1's thread. in the last few pages, i think @palmbeach05 has covered this and other issues.

As for OP: AFAIK, fastdormancy comes preinstalled, depends upon your carrier and it automatically start to work whenever it detects your carrier supports it. but in my experience, i got better results removing it than wit it enablesd maybe due to the alpha nature of the kernel

can u get me a link for atrix 4g stable ics kernel???
18th March 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag Córdoba

1,058 posts
More
Quote:

Reported (again)
18th March 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 762

1,998 posts
More
Quote:

All kernels nowadays are 3.1.10. This is, has been, and will be until officially upgraded, an Alpha stage kernel. This means that there are major bugs present. Are there kernels out there that are stable enough at this stage? Yes. Most are within the individual ROM threads, others are in krystian's dropbox.

There are 2 versions of ICS that are popular amongst A4G users, AtrICS v 2.0 and CM9. Which one are you trying to use?
18th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

Thanks for your reply, do you use epinter CM 10.1 too? do you think i should make a nandroid backup and try removing it?
18th March 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #7  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 762

1,998 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply, do you use epinter CM 10.1 too? do you think i should make a nandroid backup and try removing it?

ALWAYS make a backup prior to any test modifications. That way if removing fastdormancy makes things worse for you, you have something to fall back on without having to go through the hassle of reflashing the entire ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #8  
Flag Córdoba

1,058 posts
More
Quote:

I used it for a while, then I got back to AtrICS. As @palmbeach05 said, always do a nandroid backup before messing with anything system related.
The Following User Says Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag Mumbai

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

All kernels nowadays are 3.1.10. This is, has been, and will be until officially upgraded, an Alpha stage kernel. This means that there are major bugs present. Are there kernels out there that are stable enough at this stage? Yes. Most are within the individual ROM threads, others are in krystian's dropbox.

There are 2 versions of ICS that are popular amongst A4G users, AtrICS v 2.0 and CM9. Which one are you trying to use?

im trying to use CM9 screen goes black after lock!!!!!!! n never comes back untill restart
i had same prblm with CM10.1 but i solved it using anothr kernel
can u suggest any kernel for CM9 ??
19th March 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #10  
Flag Córdoba

1,058 posts
More
Quote:

im trying to use CM9 screen goes black after lock!!!!!!! n never comes back untill restart
i had same prblm with CM10.1 but i solved it using anothr kernel
can u suggest any kernel for CM9 ??

Sorry, wrong thread ^^

Try them all and see the one taht fits you better

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread