Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NB1 to MK2

Tip us?

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default NB1 to MK2

i tried the NB1 to MK2 method. the odin failed for no reason, saying that "Completion(write) failed". i tried several times and tried again after rebooting the computer and it worked. but the problem is that my phone wont boot. it's stuck on the samsung screen. how do i fix this? i did everything right! i double checked before initiating the odin. the phone wont even go to the downloadmode. Can JTAG fix this? JTAG worked last time when my MF3 got bricked.

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
also it wont even get to the stock recovery

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 584

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i tried the NB1 to MK2 method. the odin failed for no reason, saying that "Completion(write) failed". i tried several times and tried again after rebooting the computer and it worked. but the problem is that my phone wont boot. it's stuck on the samsung screen. how do i fix this? i did everything right! i double checked before initiating the odin. the phone wont even go to the downloadmode. Can JTAG fix this? JTAG worked last time when my MF3 got bricked.
If you can't get to download mode or anything, then yes you'll need JTAG.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
If you can't get to download mode or anything, then yes you'll need JTAG.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0
oh, i can go to download mode now. whenever my phone is charging, i can't go to dowloadmode. so... is there a way to fix this since i can go to download mode? if not, im just gonna wait until full nb1 tar file comes out. is there a way to unbrick NB1 with JTAG? sorry for being a such a newb

megamanDJ
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujeff View Post
oh, i can go to download mode now. whenever my phone is charging, i can't go to dowloadmode. so... is there a way to fix this since i can go to download mode? if not, im just gonna wait until full nb1 tar file comes out. is there a way to unbrick NB1 with JTAG? sorry for being a such a newb
Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 and get the NB1 tars and flash in Odin. Then you'll find how to Safestrap and root.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanDJ View Post
Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 and get the NB1 tars and flash in Odin. Then you'll find how to Safestrap and root.
Ijust saw that there isnt a root method yet for NB1. If you haven't upgraded to 4.4 yet then you should try to get flashed back to MK2 and root it until there is a reliable rooting method for 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to megamanDJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ijust saw that there isnt a root method yet for NB1. If you haven't upgraded to 4.4 yet then you should try to get flashed back to MK2 and root it until there is a reliable rooting method for 4.4
thanks man. you saved my day. unfortunately i was on NB1

megamanDJ
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
thanks man. you saved my day. unfortunately i was on NB1
Did you end up staying on NB1 or doing the downgrade trick to get back to MK2?

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Did you end up staying on NB1 or doing the downgrade trick to get back to MK2?
i'm now on NB1, and i heard that the root method for NB1 should probably come out before verizon's NB1 release, so i'm just gonna wait until the NB1 root comes out. Because i seriously messed up my phone twice, so i'm not trying to do complicated things now.

John The Rhino
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
i'm now on NB1, and i heard that the root method for NB1 should probably come out before verizon's NB1 release, so i'm just gonna wait until the NB1 root comes out. Because i seriously messed up my phone twice, so i'm not trying to do complicated things now.

You can have a stock, rooted NB1 phone now thanks to muniz_ri. Here is the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=4

Good luck.

ryujeff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Rhino View Post

You can have a stock, rooted NB1 phone now thanks to muniz_ri. Here is the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=4

Good luck.
I bricked my phone by that method. but since there is NB1 full tar, i'm gonna give it another try if the root method doesn't come out. I don't know what the problem was, but anytime i do something, i screw up my phone. I was a dev for Galaxy A in Korea, but now things have changed too much and now i barely install a rom.