Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ascend G300 constant lockups; looking to fix or replace

Tip us?

Dollywitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Ascend G300 constant lockups; looking to fix or replace

Basically I've had nothing but hassle from the G300 in general. I've had the stock ICS rom on it for ages and at one point it slowed to a crawl, so I tried a new ROM and eventually it had the same problems. Now no matter what I do, the phone is pretty much unusable. It'll lock up completely for minutes at a time. I've tried several different ROMs including going back to the stock/original bootloader.

Nothing works. That said, I haven't wiped the user data and THEN returned to a stock rom but I don't know if that'll work at this stage.

So I'm looking for something like the G300, cheap, and works. I don't really need anything fancy but i'd like it to be of comparable capability to the G300 which is now a 2 year old phone. Huawei aren't stocked everywhere here so something a bit more mainstream might work better for me.

Dollywitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollywitch View Post
Basically I've had nothing but hassle from the G300 in general. I've had the stock ICS rom on it for ages and at one point it slowed to a crawl, so I tried a new ROM and eventually it had the same problems. Now no matter what I do, the phone is pretty much unusable. It'll lock up completely for minutes at a time. I've tried several different ROMs including going back to the stock/original bootloader.

Nothing works. That said, I haven't wiped the user data and THEN returned to a stock rom but I don't know if that'll work at this stage.

So I'm looking for something like the G300, cheap, and works. I don't really need anything fancy but i'd like it to be of comparable capability to the G300 which is now a 2 year old phone. Huawei aren't stocked everywhere here so something a bit more mainstream might work better for me.
The phone no longer seems to respond at all except on a rare occasion... it seems to mostly be the display siezing up.