Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] is it safe turn off "keep awake" / wakelock for "Android System" ?

OP geminihc

19th December 2013, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

110 posts
in app ops, what happens if i turn this off? thanks,
19th December 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
I wouldn't touch that. It could mess up quite a bit of stuff.
12th January 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Hi xda-community,

I've been stupid enough to deny android system the wakelock rights. I was a little to quick but the google play service ate 25% of my battery today, and so I just messed around with App-Ops.
I'm running CM10.2 nightly on my sgs2. I've already tried to get into the safe mode with holding Vol+ and - while booting, but it wasn't successfull. The Phone is stuck on the boot logo.

Is there any way besides a reset?

Edit: Just tried reflashing the recent update but it's still stuck...

Edit2: Just did a backup to sd card via CWM. My current plan is to modify this update in a way to let app-ops forget his settings. Is this possible? Any clue where I have to look?

Edit3: Just did rm -R * on /data/data/com.android.providers.settings. THIS DOES NOT CLEAR APP-OPS SETTINGS but my phone booted afterwards and i had enough time to revert my previous changes. Need to reconfigure some of stuff obviously.

Edit4: Deleting everything with the cmd in Edit3 will cause the notificationbar to malfunction. Furthermore you won't recieve any notifications. I just restored the files from my backup i made with CWM (adb push c:\backup /data/data/com.android.providers.settings and everything is working again. Now I'm really done

bye
Last edited by haxti; 13th January 2014 at 11:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to haxti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 219

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxti

Hi xda-community,

I've been stupid enough to deny android system the wakelock rights. I was a little to quick but the google play service ate 25% of my battery today, and so I just messed around with App-Ops.
I'm running CM10.2 nightly on my sgs2. I've already tried to get into the safe mode with holding Vol+ and - while booting, but it wasn't successfull. The Phone is stuck on the boot logo.

Is there any way besides a reset?

Edit: Just tried reflashing the recent update but it's still stuck...

Edit2: Just did a backup to sd card via CWM. My current plan is to modify this update in a way to let app-ops forget his settings. Is this possible? Any clue where I have to look?

Edit3: Just did rm -R * on /data/data/com.android.providers.settings. THIS DOES NOT CLEAR APP-OPS SETTINGS but my phone booted afterwards and i had enough time to revert my previous changes. Need to reconfigure some of stuff obviously.

Edit4: Deleting everything with the cmd in Edit3 will cause the notificationbar to malfunction. Furthermore you won't recieve any notifications. I just restored the files from my backup i made with CWM (adb push c:\backup /data/data/com.android.providers.settings and everything is working again. Now I'm really done

bye

I denied the keep awake of Android system and I am gone. My touch didn't work. I did forced restart using the power button. It worked for sometime. Again the touch doesn't work. In the allowed time, I set it to Allow but still i face the issue. Is factory reset the only solution?
The Following User Says Thank You to senthilrameshjv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread