Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Can someone identify this connector?

Tip us?

uriah18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [HELP] Can someone identify this connector?

I bought Moto G on the ebay.co.uk. It came with this connector that I saw for the first time. It has some kind of a notch in the top middle and there is no space between pins and bottom of plug. Can someone identify it for me. I searched all over Google and couldn't find it. I must buy usb cable, but don't know what to search for... Thanks!

bananas33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's supposed to be a regular micro USB, and yours looks identical to mine except for what looks like a round object above the pins - is something stuck in there?
The Following User Says Thank You to bananas33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youresocool
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Obviously all connectors are the same, micro USB.

That one has clearly a piece of plastic stuck and pressing the pins up.
The Following User Says Thank You to youresocool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uriah18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
It was a piece of plastic pushing the whole connector down. I got afraid that it was some kind of non-standard connector . Removed it and it is OK. Thanks everyone for help.

sciurius
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Probably the previous owner noticed that the connector wouldn't fit and sold it because he thought the phone was useless?

uriah18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
Probably the previous owner noticed that the connector wouldn't fit and sold it because he thought the phone was useless?
No, it was BNIB. Must be something in the production. I hope that that piece of plastic won't be missed somewhere..