Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using Odin to install Carrier-stock 4.4.2 failed repeatedly; returned to GE Rom

Tip us?

cknewdeal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Using Odin to install Carrier-stock 4.4.2 failed repeatedly; returned to GE Rom

Hi All,

I tried searching of a similar topic, but couldn't find it. I'm hoping I did something simple to correct.

I was initially on GoldenEye 24, and everything was running fine. I decided I wanted to update my modem to NC1 so I could run the MapleLeaf rom. I kept trying to use odin to install the modem and it would look like it was working but it didn't. I then decided to install the stock rom and then reinstall a recovery after and so on. So I downloaded the stock rom, I ran odin and got to about 92% and it failed it happened quite a few times as I tried redownloading the rom, and different usb ports, and different versions of Odin, but same result.

So then I decided forget it, I'll just return to GE. Now when I reinstalled GE, I saw that the baseband was in fact NC1. I thought, strange, but cool! But now, my phone seems really borked. Its definitely slower and if the screen turns off and I hit either power button or home, nothing happens. I mean the screen just stays off. If I keep pressing buttons a few times and nothing happens, sometimes the screen will show the lock screen and i'll try and swipe, but its as if it doesn't register the swipe and it'll shut off again. Then I'm stuck with a off screen again.

So I've tried running GE and ML roms again, but after the setup it seems to be the same result with a sluggish phone that wake up.

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to give a picture of what I've done and perhaps someone can assist me.

Thanks,

ck

Pika71
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Angry Odin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknewdeal View Post
Hi All,

I tried searching of a similar topic, but couldn't find it. I'm hoping I did something simple to correct.

I was initially on GoldenEye 24, and everything was running fine. I decided I wanted to update my modem to NC1 so I could run the MapleLeaf rom. I kept trying to use odin to install the modem and it would look like it was working but it didn't. I then decided to install the stock rom and then reinstall a recovery after and so on. So I downloaded the stock rom, I ran odin and got to about 92% and it failed it happened quite a few times as I tried redownloading the rom, and different usb ports, and different versions of Odin, but same result.

So then I decided forget it, I'll just return to GE. Now when I reinstalled GE, I saw that the baseband was in fact NC1. I thought, strange, but cool! But now, my phone seems really borked. Its definitely slower and if the screen turns off and I hit either power button or home, nothing happens. I mean the screen just stays off. If I keep pressing buttons a few times and nothing happens, sometimes the screen will show the lock screen and i'll try and swipe, but its as if it doesn't register the swipe and it'll shut off again. Then I'm stuck with a off screen again.

So I've tried running GE and ML roms again, but after the setup it seems to be the same result with a sluggish phone that wake up.

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to give a picture of what I've done and perhaps someone can assist me.

Thanks,

ck

odin that you are using?