Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

no response from screen

OP thatguy52

22nd March 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
hi today my htc one's screen stopped responding. i noticed after i plugged it in to charge and off a couple of times, now the screen is unresponsive. i cant swipe to unlock the phone or anything. if i wait a while and leave it to charge, it will work a little. hardware buttons work fine it's just the screen itself. anyone know a fix or the reason behind this? thanks.
23rd March 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 979

3,673 posts
Your explanation isn't very clear as to when the screen doesn't work.

I've heard issues with dodgy chargers preventing touch screen from working whilst plugged in.

If the touch screen doesn't work when no cables are plugged in, it's probably just broken.

There's a service menu you can get to with a touch screen test, I can't remember how to get there, but it also has a battery test if that makes it easier to search for. If that test fails when no cables are plugged in, it's time to get it repaired.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread