Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

no response from screen

Tip us?

thatguy52
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default no response from screen

hi today my htc one's screen stopped responding. i noticed after i plugged it in to charge and off a couple of times, now the screen is unresponsive. i cant swipe to unlock the phone or anything. if i wait a while and leave it to charge, it will work a little. hardware buttons work fine it's just the screen itself. anyone know a fix or the reason behind this? thanks.

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
Your explanation isn't very clear as to when the screen doesn't work.

I've heard issues with dodgy chargers preventing touch screen from working whilst plugged in.

If the touch screen doesn't work when no cables are plugged in, it's probably just broken.

There's a service menu you can get to with a touch screen test, I can't remember how to get there, but it also has a battery test if that makes it easier to search for. If that test fails when no cables are plugged in, it's time to get it repaired.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more