*Big thanks to those of you who worked on the d2att, that code was invaluable for getting a working graphics driver and some unknowns I could not see.*
- SGH-i497 (ATT)
- SGH-T779 (T-Mobile)
You can also use this to get ROOT!
- Windows Computer with Samsung Drivers installed
- Odin if on Windows/Heimdall on Linux
- sdcard in the /sdcard slot
1. Download my Odin package here:
2. Download SuperSu from Chainfire and copy to your sdcard:
3. Open Odin (as administrator) and hit the "PDA" button, remember to uncheck the reset
4. Mount Device into Download Mode (PWR, Vol) and Hit go on Odin once it appears.
5. Once Finished, Reboot into Recovery
6. Backup your existing image
7. Flash SuperSu from SDcard
TO RETURN TO STOCK RECOVERY USE THIS ODIN FLASHABLE:
****In the process of doing this, I had to bust my /system in order to get the files required.
I would strongly appreciate if anyone can send me a copy of their boot.img and either a copy of their system.img or system.tar.ext4 made by clockworkmod. ****
Part of doing this was integrating everything with the d2-variant build chains in CM9 and CM10. Say thanks in the Thread if you like this or promote this thread so it makes it to the main page.