Galaxy Tab 2 : Marshmallow - AOSP compatible.
Sources in Git-Hub
Credits for Kernel Team, Google, Samsung, Cyanogenmod and anyone else who has worked on it.
- Cpu boot at 1216 MHz.
- Gpu boot at 384 MHz.
- Boot with 'pegasusq' as cpufreq governor.
- Boot with 'sioplus' as block scheduler.
- Boot with 'slub' as allocator.
- CPU overclock selectable up to 1520 MHz.
- GPU overclock selectable up to 512 MHz.
- PowerVR SGX 540 kernel modules blob build 1.9@2291151
- Activated ZRAM with LZ4 compression
- Tweaked Init process.
- Android F2 File system (F2FS) support.
- Windows NTFS support.
- Windows CIFS support.
- Unix/Linux NFS support.
- Windows exFAT support.
- ISO 9660 support.
- Manages /etc/init.d/ and /etc/sysctl.conf.
- Init's improvements built in kernel.
- I think it does not need further sysctl.conf tweaks.
- Booting pegasusq because it is very soft with frequency scaling and looks as good compromise between performance and battery saving.
Naturally, each user should choose the one that best suits your needs.
- This kernel not use and remove, if any when it installs, /system/lib/hw/power.*.so, as they are redundants here and interfere with CPU's
management frequency, increasing eat CPU cycles.
- User can insert boot actions by scripts in /etc/init.d. Here, it is important to establish the order of execution starting with numbers script names,
to run always the latter that has the largest number.
- Has been included an interface to the OC of the GPU, using "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_frequency"' command to view current frequency.
- Kernel will stop secundary processor when its performance is not necessary for the functioning of the tablet.
Maybe I can tune a little more, but for now the second processor still remain stopped with low power requirement, even the first reaches 600 MHz.
- I have further reduced the working voltage used by the Core, GPU, and CPU frequencies up to 1216 MHz.
- I have completely replaced the memcopy & memmove functions code for memory data movement. The new code can be up to 10 times faster.
- I have lately added several optimizations to improve performance and reduce overhead.
Download Latest releases
MARSHMALLOW VERSION CHANGELOG:
- Possibility of loading several roms.
- Removed zram and swap.
- Rebuild init.
- Several changes designed to increase performance.
- Several changes designed to reduce battery consumption.
- Adding dynamic tiler allocation.
- In line with Cyanogenmod at date.
- Added the majority of previous improvements.
CHANGES OC OPTIONS BY HAND:
# GPUFREQ --> X = 1 (384 MHz) || 0 (307 MHz) || 2 (512 MHz) echo 'X' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc # CPUFREQ --> X = 1216000 || 1008000 || 1360000 || 1420000 || 1460000 echo 'X' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq # SCHEDULER --> X = row || cfq || sioplus echo 'X' > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler # GOVERNOR --> X = pegasusq || interactive || ondemand || lulzactive echo 'X' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
WARRANTY: You agree that this product is provided "as is" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, on its operation.
DISCLAIMER: You assumes at your SOLE RESPONSIBILITY and RISK all results produced by the "software" and/or instructions in this thread.
KERNEL Dhollmen - AOSP - Espresso Tab2 , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: 20160516
Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16
Last Updated 2016-05-16