Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Third party camera app vs sony's camera app

Tip us?

hash054
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Third party camera app vs sony's camera app

i think many of you z1c users have experienced the problem of bluring in a image especially taking photos of landscapes and sceneries .. in which details matter the most.. A 20.7 MP camera is expected to fulfil the need of clarity and detail to some extent when it comes to these photos.. The problem with Sony's official camera app is that it blurs some parts of the photo and give us a somewhat blurred image.. This however can be solved using a third party camera app... I have used two of them (camera fx and procapture) both giving better result than sony's official camera app.. I dont know whether z2 camera app has solved this or not but for now a third party app is my best bet to get the most out of the the camera!! Will post more camparitive photos in the coming days..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	2626871   Click image for larger version

Name:	third party.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	2626872  
Smartphone:: Sony Xperia Z1 COMPACT

ROM::RomAur v1.2

Previous Phones::Xperia SP; Xperia S; HTC Desire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stringy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I have also noticed this blurring. I tried camera zoom fx, but for whatever reason I can't stand the UI. So I have been using Camera Fv-5, it is an improvement, however I will be trying more.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Milltach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did somebody try the new Z2 Cam App? Its available for all xperia devices.
Probably there are some improvements.
The Following User Says Thank You to Milltach For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hash054
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Didnt tried it because of the libraries were not available for timeshift and 4k video.. Many people are working on it on Z1 forum.. Hopefully will see it soon.. And more importantly.. I hope this blurring effect is solved..

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sander151187
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milltach View Post
Did somebody try the new Z2 Cam App? Its available for all xperia devices.
Probably there are some improvements.
I did try, but the camera module looks exactly the same. Could be something with the libs, but it doesn't really matter. The pics are still blurred.

slick2404
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can someone post examples with stock and third party app? I don't see the bluring in my pics.

sinple
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I went to a retail store, and z1's photo have more details than the compact.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

papzi57
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hash054 View Post
i think many of you z1c users have experienced the problem of bluring in a image especially taking photos of landscapes and sceneries .. in which details matter the most.. A 20.7 MP camera is expected to fulfil the need of clarity and detail to some extent when it comes to these photos.. The problem with Sony's official camera app is that it blurs some parts of the photo and give us a somewhat blurred image.. This however can be solved using a third party camera app... I have used two of them (camera fx and procapture) both giving better result than sony's official camera app.. I dont know whether z2 camera app has solved this or not but for now a third party app is my best bet to get the most out of the the camera!! Will post more camparitive photos in the coming days..
In different app, but equal setting:
ZX1C focus/defocus
In my opinion the stock kamera app doesn't right focus setting.
Xperia Z1c White rooted KitSlim EVO9, Unlocked BL
Xperia V white-AOKP-CM11 nightly Root Unlocked BL
Xperia Go white .100 Root Unlocked BL

hash054
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Camera FV 5

After the recommendation of many Camera FV 5 users.. I gave it a shot.. and I was not disappointed.. The customization and the result stand out from all the other apps.. focus is pretty damn good and no more blury pictures.. and no details ignored.. only day time test left.. night samples are better than I expected!

rumthin
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Is there anyway to change which camera app opens from the lockscreen. I want FV5 to launch from the lockscreen not sony's app. I'm running stock KK.