Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VS980 won't start up

Tip us?
 
SmurFFF
Old
(Last edited by SmurFFF; 8th March 2014 at 07:43 PM.) Reason: misspelled
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default VS980 won't start up

Accidental OTA on custom rom. I have tried other posts but nothing works so far. Can someone please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394292704815.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	2620142  
 
lilxman
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2011
Does the phone turn on and show LG?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
 
staticx57
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 275
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: TR, NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilxman View Post
Does the phone turn on and show LG?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
What happens when you use anything in CWM?
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2
 
WolfmanJack
Old
#4  
WolfmanJack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 66
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurFFF View Post
Accidental OTA on custom rom. I have tried other posts but nothing works so far. Can someone please help.
the link below will allow you to revert back to stock unrooted 11A.

after that you can take the OTA to 12B, reroot via IORoot and then use FreeGee to install recovery of your choice.

This has saved my phone a couple times from me getting too cocky with screwing around with things i don't fully understand but think I do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"
 
SmurFFF
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default no download mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanJack View Post
the link below will allow you to revert back to stock unrooted 11A.

after that you can take the OTA to 12B, reroot via IORoot and then use FreeGee to install recovery of your choice.

This has saved my phone a couple times from me getting too cocky with screwing around with things i don't fully understand but think I do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
cant boot into download mode
 
SmurFFF
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilxman View Post
Does the phone turn on and show LG?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
it boots straight into cwm usually, sometimes stuck in lg logo
 
WolfmanJack
Old
#7  
WolfmanJack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 66
Join Date: Feb 2014
Hmm OK. At work now, I will look into it when I get home. Just throwing this out there cause it caught me, you just press the volume up button, hold it down, then plug in the USB cable with the LG flash tool open and configured. I kept holding the power button down as well.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"
 
SmurFFF
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
What happens when you use anything in CWM?
i tried flashing new rom but says loki not supported or something
 
SmurFFF
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanJack View Post
Hmm OK. At work now, I will look into it when I get home. Just throwing this out there cause it caught me, you just press the volume up button, hold it down, then plug in the USB cable with the LG flash tool open and configured. I kept holding the power button down as well.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
how do i log into flash tool
 
WolfmanJack
Old
(Last edited by WolfmanJack; 12th March 2014 at 12:55 AM.) Reason: Misspell
#10  
WolfmanJack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 66
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurFFF View Post
how do i log into flash tool
Reread the thread there is a file you need to replace that corrects that. Uninstall it, reinstall, replace the file and then attempt to open.
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes