Official - the 4.X.X update - discussion thread

OP Naddict

19th March 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,817

8,467 posts
More
For when it happens, please use this thread to have your respectful discussion. Thanks all!

BIG NEWS...many users are asking to highlight this one post here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=338 care of @Azrael.arach

This is for people that had the first problem of mobicore problem.

Warning::: THIS WORKED FOR ME BUT I CAN NOT SAY FOR EVERYONE. I AM NOT A DEVELOPER SO MY KNOWLEDGE IS VERY LIMITED!!!!

You need to download the update file from this thread. You will need to rename it to change the .cfg to .zip

Attached is a fix.zip that contains the files you need. You will need to be on a nb4 with root.

Extract zip files and copy them to your internal memory on phone.

Step 1 copy the mobicore-presetup.sh to /system/bin

Step 2 copy all the apk files to /system/app.

Step 3 For each apk you copied you need to set the rght persmissions. rw-r--r--

Step 4 Copy the update file that you renamed to external sdcard.

Step 5 Reboot into recovery by rebooting phone. As soon as screen goes blank from shutting down hold Volume Up + Home + Power. Once you see rebooting into recovery let go of only power button and wait.

Step 6 Once in recovery use the volume down button to highlight update from external storage and hit the power button.

Step 7 Use volume buttons to scroll down to update file and use power button to select it.

Step 8 Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes.

Step 9 You will be returned to recovery menu, scroll down using volume buttons to wipe cache and hit power button.

Step 10 Hit power button on reboot and wait.
Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 27th April 2014 at 04:58 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 507

1,623 posts
More
so who thinks kitkat will be out before the S5 is out.
19th March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag St. Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 336

961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dligon

so who thinks kitkat will be out before the S5 is out.

It already is.
19th March 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #4  
New York
Thanks Meter: 93

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delakit

It already is.

I guess this is not a valid argument. Lol 😆

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 140

263 posts
We still expect official kitKat 4.4.2.
We also wish to have 4.4.2 Safestrap to promote KitKat.
19th March 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Clinton Indiana
Thanks Meter: 446

2,154 posts
More
I would think by now everyone in a rush or wanting the latest greatest would get a nexus. Or the other phones google has now! I knew when i chose this device AT&T is slow to update.

Sent via carrier pigeon!
19th March 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 71

458 posts
More
The nexus is a developer phone. Many of us want the refined camera and eye candy and s pen, etc. I think stock Google is ugly. I like touchwiz and pan to try out Tizen if a device is ever released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colonel187 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 117

318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel187

The nexus is a developer phone. Many of us want the refined camera and eye candy and s pen, etc. I think stock Google is ugly. I like touchwiz and pan to try out Tizen if a device is ever released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not now nor have ever been a fan of stock Android. I really don't understand the hype. When Android first hit the scene, I remember all the rave being about "ultimate customization" and "tons of features." Now, when I hear people always b*tching and moaning about why there's upset ALL Android phones don't come stock it seems like the arguments is "I love the simplicity and 'cleaness' of it all."

I'm like, if I wanted watered-down and simple, I'd buy an iPhone and stick to iOS! That's the one positive thing I can say about iOS... it's polished and it generally works. However, it's very minimalist, not customizable, and lacks features. Why on Earth someone would want and Android phone to go as bare-boned as possible, makes no sense to me. I, too, find stock Android to be really ugly, IMO. I find nothing attractive about the look.

I want a phone full of customization and features, and that's what TouchWiz gives me. I have never had an issue with the TW versions found on the original Note and up. I really don't get all the hate but whatever. I am a TW fan and as long as it doesn't get super stale like HTC Sense did when I was diehard fan, I'm good to go!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Evo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #9  
Flag Acworth, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 141

368 posts
More
If there is any more of a delay, my theory is that AT&T decided to wait for the 4.4 update from Samsung that restores third party S-View case functionality.

If you look at the timeline of when Samsung updated the Note 3 unlocked and international models, they pushed out the KitKat update, and then about a week or two later, announced a second update was in the works to fix the issue. As far as I know, that update hasn't been pushed to any device as of yet. This was about a month ago.

Plausible theory, I think. Either way, I'm in no rush. 4.3 NB4 working great for me, and after owning a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon before this, I'm not feeling the "root and ROM" itch just yet.
19th March 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #10  
Brooksville
Thanks Meter: 12

67 posts
More
So, I woke up this morning to a failed AT&T update. Aka, My rooted rom, didn't match. Guess I got lucky it didn't brick overnight.

The Following User Says Thank You to simkid5614 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread