Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 36,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing 4.4 on Bell XZU

Tip us?

Eliasj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing 4.4 on Bell XZU

Well, it seems to me that Bell will never update the phone to KitKat, given that I never even got the update after .290, so I guess I have to take this to my own hands.

First off, is it safe to use flashtool on a locked bootloader? Sadly, Bell also screwed us out of an unlockable bootloader.

Secondly, will any ftf file that's for the 6833/6806 work?

And thirdly, what should I exclude via flashtool? My phone is currently on .290 with no root, a locked bootloader, and no way to unlock bootloader.

If anyone can provide any help, or even instructions to the procedure I should take, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mistamikel
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Just flash the 6833 ftf and see what happens (all should be good.though) if anything goes wrong just flash a proper ftf for the bell version.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 4 and a Xperia Z Ultra are my best friends.

Eliasj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I never backed up my TA partition, is that something that I must do, or can I exclude TA from flashtool and have it work that way? I'm also unrooted, so I can't quite just back it up.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliasj View Post
I never backed up my TA partition, is that something that I must do, or can I exclude TA from flashtool and have it work that way? I'm also unrooted, so I can't quite just back it up.
You only need to backup ta partition if youre unlocking the bootloader.

You shouldn't have any problems flashing a non bell ftf.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

AliReza Ehteshami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I flash ftf 6833 and my zu is 6802 . I nohave problem. my bootloder is lock!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
you must use The latest version FLASHTOOLS for flash ftf 6833 on 6802 Otherwise you cant flash !

caesu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
youre fine flashing any c6833 .ftf i used the HK one, i just excluded baseband (since im not familiar with this stuff and i didnt want to mess with something that connects me to rogers lol ) TA is fine for us since our bootloader is locked from bell, i dont think well ever need to back it up.