FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Note 3 Clone?

19th March 2014, 08:13 PM |#1  
KuRuPtIoN's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Federal Way
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Hi, I just bought a Note 3 off eBay, it was listed as the AT&T variant of the Note 3. I received the phone earlier today and the 1st thing I did was went straight to the settings to see if everything was up to par.

In settings under about device it says its running 4.4 and the model number is SM-N9006. I did a quick Google search and came up with mixed results, some said it was the Chinese version of the Note 3 and some said it was a Note 3 clone.

I did a benchmark test and it doesnt look like the hardware is what its suppose to be, it actually listed it in the rankings as below the S3.

Any feedback would be great, I do have a 14 day return on this. Thanks a lot everyone.
 
 
19th March 2014, 08:20 PM |#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,836
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN

Hi, I just bought a Note 3 off eBay, it was listed as the AT&T variant of the Note 3. I received the phone earlier today and the 1st thing I did was went straight to the settings to see if everything was up to par.

In settings under about device it says its running 4.4 and the model number is SM-N9006. I did a quick Google search and came up with mixed results, some said it was the Chinese version of the Note 3 and some said it was a Note 3 clone.

I did a benchmark test and it doesnt look like the hardware is what its suppose to be, it actually listed it in the rankings as below the S3.

Any feedback would be great, I do have a 14 day return on this. Thanks a lot everyone.

have a look at the build number see if its 111111111 and if its white does it have a black spen
19th March 2014, 08:23 PM |#3  
KuRuPtIoN's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Federal Way
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

have a look at the build number see if its 111111111 and if its white does it have a black spen

Build number is JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMI5
It is white and it does have a Silver/Chrome S Pen with Samsung on the handle.
Last edited by KuRuPtIoN; 19th March 2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Updated info
19th March 2014, 08:30 PM |#4  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,836
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN

Build number is JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMI5
It is white and it does have a S Pen with Samsung on the handle.

sounds ok does air gesture work if so your good

i think lol
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 08:31 PM |#5  
KuRuPtIoN's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Federal Way
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

sounds ok does air gesture work if so your good

i think lol

How does air gesture work?
19th March 2014, 08:35 PM |#6  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,836
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN

How does air gesture work?

hover the pen over the screen and press the spen button

and should work when pulled out
19th March 2014, 08:59 PM |#7  
KuRuPtIoN's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Federal Way
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
When I pull the pen out a lil menu on the bottom right pops up but when I wave it in front if the screen nothing happens.

Here's a screen shot of the air gesture menu, see it says "ware" instead of "wave"? Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395259162953.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	2639332  
19th March 2014, 10:30 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN

When I pull the pen out a lil menu on the bottom right pops up but when I wave it in front if the screen nothing happens.

Here's a screen shot of the air gesture menu, see it says "ware" instead of "wave"? Lol

fake i think
20th March 2014, 12:17 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Try this app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642187
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosli59564 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 02:31 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs down Ware not wave
Don't worry about spelling mistakes there are a few through the menus. Has anyone ever noticed the equalizer spelt equaliser in the music menu? There are a few you just have to look. But if your getting antutu scores on par or lower than an S3 then you have the mediate mtk processor and it is a fake for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockyfarted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank