Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need T-mobile Modem on N9005

OP samanbabah

23rd October 2013, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

91 posts
does anyone know where I can get the t-mobile modem? I want to replace it with the one I have on my N9005 to get LTE speeds
8th January 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag BUDAPEST
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
I need this one too.
Where can we find the T-Mobile modem for N9005?
8th January 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #3  
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 967

2,654 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanbabah

does anyone know where I can get the t-mobile modem? I want to replace it with the one I have on my N9005 to get LTE speeds

Go to sammobile.com, search for your firmware, download and extract modem.bin from there. That's the file you need.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTICSELLI

I need this one too.
Where can we find the T-Mobile modem for N9005?

for example, firmware for Hungary T-Mobile is here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMH#firmware

download and extract modem.bin from there. Then you can make this file flashable by Odin.
8th January 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Not as easy as it looked. You have to get your phone to read the bands that T-Mobile is working with. There is a bunch of us, even a bounty out for it! Trying to get the N9005 version to read At&t LTE bands! Sure you can flash the modem but unsure if it'll work. Keep us updated though if you do flash and receive LTE service!
6th February 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #5  
Flag Storrs, CT
Thanks Meter: 40

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin

Not as easy as it looked. You have to get your phone to read the bands that T-Mobile is working with. There is a bunch of us, even a bounty out for it! Trying to get the N9005 version to read At&t LTE bands! Sure you can flash the modem but unsure if it'll work. Keep us updated though if you do flash and receive LTE service!

anybody know if there have been any successes getting lte working on tmobile / at&t on the n9005 via modem flash?
6th February 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgeek

anybody know if there have been any successes getting lte working on tmobile / at&t on the n9005 via modem flash?

From what I can gather, due to others having same issues, it hasn't been possible (yet) one user notably @PatienceWithin had to sell his 9005 and get an 900A
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Storrs, CT
Thanks Meter: 40

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
just polling the community to see if anybody has figured it out yet or has gotten any closer... I'd really rather not resell my phone and buy a 900t but i really want lte... the baseband on these things are pure software, are the same baseband hardware as the tmo and att versions, there's no reason why it can't support the required bands. ugh!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread