Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need T-mobile Modem on N9005

Tip us?

samanbabah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Need T-mobile Modem on N9005

does anyone know where I can get the t-mobile modem? I want to replace it with the one I have on my N9005 to get LTE speeds

BOTICSELLI
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I need this one too.
Where can we find the T-Mobile modem for N9005?

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanbabah View Post
does anyone know where I can get the t-mobile modem? I want to replace it with the one I have on my N9005 to get LTE speeds
Go to sammobile.com, search for your firmware, download and extract modem.bin from there. That's the file you need.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTICSELLI View Post
I need this one too.
Where can we find the T-Mobile modem for N9005?
for example, firmware for Hungary T-Mobile is here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMH#firmware

download and extract modem.bin from there. Then you can make this file flashable by Odin.

PatienceWithin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Not as easy as it looked. You have to get your phone to read the bands that T-Mobile is working with. There is a bunch of us, even a bounty out for it! Trying to get the N9005 version to read At&t LTE bands! Sure you can flash the modem but unsure if it'll work. Keep us updated though if you do flash and receive LTE service!
I apologize, I didn't realize you were perfect and a stupid question never left your mouth. Pardon me sir!

Galaxy Note Ⅲ N900A Current
Galaxy Note Ⅲ N9005 SOLD
Galaxy S Ⅲ RIP

cpgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin View Post
Not as easy as it looked. You have to get your phone to read the bands that T-Mobile is working with. There is a bunch of us, even a bounty out for it! Trying to get the N9005 version to read At&t LTE bands! Sure you can flash the modem but unsure if it'll work. Keep us updated though if you do flash and receive LTE service!
anybody know if there have been any successes getting lte working on tmobile / at&t on the n9005 via modem flash?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgeek View Post
anybody know if there have been any successes getting lte working on tmobile / at&t on the n9005 via modem flash?
From what I can gather, due to others having same issues, it hasn't been possible (yet) one user notably @PatienceWithin had to sell his 9005 and get an 900A
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
just polling the community to see if anybody has figured it out yet or has gotten any closer... I'd really rather not resell my phone and buy a 900t but i really want lte... the baseband on these things are pure software, are the same baseband hardware as the tmo and att versions, there's no reason why it can't support the required bands. ugh!