Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Knox Warranty question

Tip us?

Nooget37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Knox Warranty question

Does the Knox e-fuse on the Note 3 affect Sprint's 'Total Equipment Protection' warranty in any way or is it just Samsung specific?

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooget37 View Post
Does the Knox e-fuse on the Note 3 affect Sprint's 'Total Equipment Protection' warranty in any way or is it just Samsung specific?
Nope, not even close.

There's a highly knowledgeable RC here that puts something to that effect in his signature line. He's even quoted from the document that supports his assertion that it has no impact on your TEP.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nooget37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Nope, not even close.

There's a highly knowledgeable RC here that puts something to that effect in his signature line. He's even quoted from the document that supports his assertion that it has no impact on your TEP.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The phone is already rooted which is great all on its own, but seeing how beautiful pure android looks on Nexus 5's makes me a tad bit jealous. That and personally, i think touchwiz is getting a tad bland.

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8778
Quote:

The phone is already rooted which is great all on its own, but seeing how beautiful pure android looks on Nexus 5's makes me a tad bit jealous. That and personally, i think touchwiz is getting a tad bland.
I have a Nexus 7 2013 and love pure Android. But this phone is a beast, and needs that bland looking crap to actualize it's full power.

Love it or hate it, TouchWiz is more than a skin or launcher, but is highly Integrated into the operating system your device. Might as well live with it, tame it to look the way you want (there are lots of roms and themes from which to choose).

Enjoy your phone and make it yours. But I personally see pure Android as sort of crippling this feature laden, beast of a device that was meant to have on it thar which the manufacturer, rightly or not, chose to include.

Nooget37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
I have a Nexus 7 2013 and love pure Android. But this phone is a beast, and needs that bland looking crap to actualize it's full power.

Love it or hate it, TouchWiz is more than a skin or launcher, but is highly Integrated into the operating system your device. Might as well live with it, tame it to look the way you want (there are lots of roms and themes from which to choose).

Enjoy your phone and make it yours. But I personally see pure Android as sort of crippling this feature laden, beast of a device that was meant to have on it thar which the manufacturer, rightly or not, chose to include.

It doesn't even really bother me with the tedious simplicity of it. The problem is more or less the fact that Samsung is honestly godawful at matching colors. Going through the different views and menus of TouchWiz is similar to an episode of teletubbies on a 40" flat panel.

Just need to make this 1080p AMOLED shine with some amazing theming.

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 21st March 2014 at 05:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8778
Quote:
It doesn't even really bother me with the tedious simplicity of it. The problem is more or less the fact that Samsung is honestly godawful at matching colors. Going through the different views and menus of TouchWiz is similar to an episode of teletubbies on a 40" flat panel.

Just need to make this 1080p AMOLED shine with some amazing theming.
Hit the themes and apps thread. There are options, and they are growing.

There are also themed roms in the dev forum to address these issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584

DONATE TO ME
Aw little old me lol. It's just good to be informed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674884

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote:

You can always run wizless. I get higher quadrants running tw. Then aosp. I just use apex. Personal choice for launcher. I freeze the stock touch wiz. Runs like a champ.

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nooget37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Aw little old me lol. It's just good to be informed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674884

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

You can always run wizless. I get higher quadrants running tw. Then aosp. I just use apex. Personal choice for launcher. I freeze the stock touch wiz. Runs like a champ.

Ahhhh thank you. I looked for something like that link. Also, thank you both for inputs and ideas. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted 4.4.2 - Stock Touchwiz
The Following User Says Thank You to Nooget37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584

DONATE TO ME
My feeling is if something is wrong it's hardware. I'll reflash stock tar. To get replacement. As long as stock they can't complain

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]