FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Capactive or On Screen?

20th March 2014, 02:28 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.
 
 
20th March 2014, 02:32 PM |#2  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,674
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno9100

As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.

on screen navbar. this was confirmed a long long time ago.
20th March 2014, 02:34 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

on screen navbar. this was confirmed a long long time ago.

Confirmed by who? Don't a lot of phones use on screen simply for development models, then add the capacitive in the final models?
20th March 2014, 02:36 PM |#4  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,674
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno9100

Confirmed by who? Don't a lot of phones use on screen simply for development models, then add the capacitive in the final models?

i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.
20th March 2014, 02:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.

I've read a lot of the leaks, and none have really CONFIRMED on screen. Most do show it though. My big question is why the big black useless bar. It just looks bad if there's no use for it.
20th March 2014, 02:40 PM |#6  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,674
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno9100

I've read a lot of the leaks, and none have really CONFIRMED on screen. Most do show it though. My big question is why the big black useless bar. It just looks bad if there's no use for it.

that's confirmation...
HTC wants their name on the front. if you don't like it, i would suggest a different device.
20th March 2014, 02:41 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

that's confirmation...
HTC wants their name on the front. if you don't like it, i would suggest a different device.

On screen isn't a game breaker for me. Just a nitpick. The all metal body and front facing speaker (as well as the Sense UI,which IMO isthe best stock UI) are enough to warrant me wanting one. Plus I have to buy a phone so I can give my wife my old M7
20th March 2014, 04:19 PM |#8  
jonas2295's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 2,692
 
Donate to Me
More
M8 dump has on screen buttons, if that's not enough confirmation :00

Sent with HTC One and a bit of Sixth Shense
20th March 2014, 04:53 PM |#9  
fr0st420's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kaukauna, WI
Thanks Meter: 408
 
Donate to Me
More
Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
20th March 2014, 05:43 PM |#10  
ipsuvedi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 568
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st420

Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AFAIK

On screen nav keys are very uncomfortable ...you will be confused about where to click...and in android (except Nexus) nav key bar resizes the layout everytime when appearing...this thing is most annoying!!!

So my decision is I wont buy this if it has On Screen nav...good bye

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Last edited by ipsuvedi; 20th March 2014 at 05:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes