Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help

Tip us?

markyb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help

I clicked 'install' to update to kitkat from Verizon, and forgot to backup something so I turned it off using the power button. Now, my phone won't come on. I press the power and the LG logo comes up, then goes to black and suppose it turns off. I've tried the factory reset (power and volume) but it doesn't work either.

Am I screwed?

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyb View Post
I clicked 'install' to update to kitkat from Verizon, and forgot to backup something so I turned it off using the power button. Now, my phone won't come on. I press the power and the LG logo comes up, then goes to black and suppose it turns off. I've tried the factory reset (power and volume) but it doesn't work either.

Am I screwed?
Can Verizen and talk to their Tier 2 support for troubleshooting. they may have some suggestion on hot to get it done.

markyb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I haven't called them yet. When I try to boot it up to recovery the screen only stays on for 3 seconds then goes to black or phone turns off. It's like the battery is fried. It worked fine and was charged 80% when I did the update thing.. and I've left it plugged it for 3 hours with no fix.

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Download the 4.4.2 KitKat KDZ and flash it using the LG updater tool. That will put everything back and working. You lose all your data but its gone now anyway.

sent from my Verizon G2
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!