FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Error executing updater binary

3,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,834

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok so i've compiled a ROM from source and am trying to flash it, but every time I flash I get this error:

Code:
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip'

I haven't really been able to find much on this through a 3 day google search. I found one topic that suggested it's the recovery but I know this is not the recovery, this is a ROM zip issue.

This is the recovery.log

Code:
Installing '/external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
I:Cannot find file /external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
line 4 col 37: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting $end
1 parse errors
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/Flash This/full_xt926.bdh.signed.zip'
Any help is greatly appreciated.

31st May 2013, 10:48 PM |#2  
More than likely there is something wrong in your updater script. About two threads down is a guide I'm working on how to create flashable.zips, haven't gotten to ROMs yet but thered may be stuff there that will help you.
If you want give me a copy of your updater-script and ill look it over for you, actually if you don't mind posting this along with your question again in the other thread that would be awesome. The less threads on similar stuff in xda the less clutter there is to sift through and easeir to find answers

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 10:58 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

More than likely there is something wrong in your updater script. About two threads down is a guide I'm working on how to create flashable.zips, haven't gotten to ROMs yet but thered may be stuff there that will help you.
If you want give me a copy of your updater-script and ill look it over for you, actually if you don't mind posting this along with your question again in the other thread that would be awesome. The less threads on similar stuff in xda the less clutter there is to sift through and easeir to find answers

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Posted Thank you sir!
18th March 2014, 10:35 PM |#4  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 51

More
hi
I am getting the same problem as you ,not easy to find out how to sort t on google
19th March 2014, 11:36 PM |#5  
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 13,980

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnt880

I am getting the same problem as you ,not easy to find out how to sort t on google

Updater script error, it's expecting the end of the line but it encounters something else instead

Use the column and line numbers it gives you to narrow down the part of the script that is going wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 06:25 AM |#6  
Flag Dublin

More
Thumbs up Thank you 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

Updater script error, it's expecting the end of the line but it encounters something else instead

Use the column and line numbers it gives you to narrow down the part of the script that is going wrong.

I found out that the script it wrong for xperia phones in the kitchen ,What we need is Emmc not the Amend script
If you could show me the code the right way i would appreciate it
20th March 2014, 03:24 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnt880

I found out that the script it wrong for xperia phones in the kitchen ,What we need is Emmc not the Amend script
If you could show me the code the right way i would appreciate it

You should find the info you need here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290009
If you need further help just upload a copy of your updater-script

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 04:34 PM |#8  
Flag Dublin

More
Oh wow this is a awesome link i will like to get to know how to sort out scripts,Thank you very much .I just had a quick look at your link and i think i should easily learn from you ,Great work keep it up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)