Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 issues on SHV-E300

Tip us?

lunerceli
Old
(Last edited by lunerceli; 13th March 2014 at 07:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Default CM11 issues on SHV-E300

I am developing CM11 for the Korean models of the S4. Right now I am currently running the build I just compiled. Here is a list of what is not working:

USB Storage : no /emulated/0/sdcard error when trying to mount or download anything not from play store.
Video Camera
Camera takes blank pictures : believe this is because of the storage issue
No sound : we use the yamaha chipset
Can't make or receive calls

I am trying to figure out how to fix the USB storage bug on my end but I think I am at a loss. As for the other issues, I think that just might be the kernel side of things, but not for sure. Can someone help me out with a little advice for some of these issues? Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to add that with not being able to make or receive calls, I do have data (2g, 3g, and LTE). So I really don't know what is going on.
Lunerceli ROM Development Donations:PayPal Donations

Donations aren't just for giving your money to someone you don't know for the hell of it. They are there to show your appreciation of the person doing the work and buying them a beer or two for taking their time to give you something great and free.

lunerceli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Okay, so now I have everything working except for the making/receiving phone calls and the sound. Is there anyone that might could help me with this?? I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to the kernel and getting things like that working. I know that on the native touch wiz system that my CBD file is located under the root dir under sbin, but on the CM version I have to put it in the system/bin folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Donations aren't just for giving your money to someone you don't know for the hell of it. They are there to show your appreciation of the person doing the work and buying them a beer or two for taking their time to give you something great and free.

lunerceli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Default Seems like I am asking the wrong question

Okay, since it seems like the wrong question is being answered here. Here is the correct way to ask this. While working with the kernel, how do I know what modules I need for audio, signal and everything else to work with Cyanogenmod??

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Sorry, just saw this - is that a Exynos or QC variant?
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

lunerceli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Sorry, just saw this - is that a Exynos or QC variant?
It is a exynos varient with yamaha audio. It is also LTE. Thank you for any advice you might can give.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using Tapatalk 2

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerceli View Post
It is a exynos varient with yamaha audio. It is also LTE. Thank you for any advice you might can give.

If you're still having issues, I would check your device tree against this:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro..._samsung_i9500

and vendor blobs against this:
https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri.../cm-11.0/i9500

From what I've been reading the SHV-E300 is a i9500 variant so they should be nearly identical.
You should be able to use that device tree and the kernel referred as a comparison.
The list of proprietary files in device tree should also help make sure you grabbed everything off of the stock ROM that you need.

Good luck! Hope this helps you straighten out the remaining issues!

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

lunerceli
Old
(Last edited by lunerceli; 28th March 2014 at 03:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
If you're still having issues, I would check your device tree against this:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro..._samsung_i9500

and vendor blobs against this:
https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri.../cm-11.0/i9500

From what I've been reading the SHV-E300 is a i9500 variant so they should be nearly identical.
You should be able to use that device tree and the kernel referred as a comparison.
The list of proprietary files in device tree should also help make sure you grabbed everything off of the stock ROM that you need.

Good luck! Hope this helps you straighten out the remaining issues!
Thank you for the advice, but I have already been using parts of the I9500 to get to where I now. I just completed another build last night after playing around with the ramdisk but it wouldn't boot. LOL ... I still don't have sound or calling. I know that with the SGS2, they don't have an audio folder in their device tree for the Yamaha audio. I don't know if I need one or not since I cannot find any lib file or driver that corresponds to audio. My question though is that I did find a file that has the same layout as the es325_fw.bin file that the I9500 uses. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it is filename_fw.bin. Do you think that could be my audio? As far as calling goes, I know that on the stock firmware, the pda and the baseband both have to be the same in order to make or receive calls, so how am I supposed to do that one for CM??
@garwynn .. I just built another aplha build, and I just realized I can't get the usb mass storage to show up when the phone is connected to the computer. Any advice for that??

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerceli View Post
Thank you for the advice, but I have already been using parts of the I9500 to get to where I now. I just completed another build last night after playing around with the ramdisk but it wouldn't boot. LOL ... I still don't have sound or calling. I know that with the SGS2, they don't have an audio folder in their device tree for the Yamaha audio. I don't know if I need one or not since I cannot find any lib file or driver that corresponds to audio. My question though is that I did find a file that has the same layout as the es325_fw.bin file that the I9500 uses. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it is filename_fw.bin. Do you think that could be my audio? As far as calling goes, I know that on the stock firmware, the pda and the baseband both have to be the same in order to make or receive calls, so how am I supposed to do that one for CM??
@garwynn .. I just built another aplha build, and I just realized I can't get the usb mass storage to show up when the phone is connected to the computer. Any advice for that??
Any of those .bin files that you think are missing in the blobs.... I'm of the opinion that you can throw them in and test adding/removing one at a time to see if it changes. The logcat may also help give clues as to what is going on.

USB storage = check your build.prop and see what options you have set for USB. you could also edit your usb script to force usb mass storage.

I need to check on the firmware question. I though this wasn't the case, you just need a valid fingerprint and ROM doesn't have to match baseband. Is it possible that some of the RIL blobs may be missing?

lunerceli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
I just compiled another build. I made sure that the build fingerprint was exactly like it should be. When I installed CM11, I went to about phone and it showed that my fingerprint was KVT49L and not the KOH49T that I had set it to. It kept telling me to insert sim again, which I think I may have fixed. As far as the sound goes, I went through all the bin files and looked them up on google. They all pertained to video and not audio. Inside my stock system, there is a ysounds.xml with a reference to etc/ymc/param. Here is a pastbin of the ysounds.xml file if you wouldn't mind looking at it and letting me know what you think.

YSOUNDS.XML

I have never developed for a high end device before, so this is none the less getting really interesting and fun. LOL.

When looking through the file, it looks almost exactly like the mixers_path of I9500.

lunerceli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
New build with audio changes in my device/audio folder caused the system not to Boot. It got to the cm loading screen and there it stayed. Any ideas??