Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin is not detecting phone

Tip us?

anup13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Odin is not detecting phone

i have strange problem with my Samsung galaxy grand i9082 is not detecting in odwin.
phone is detected by pc, its connected as MTP or PTP mode i can transfer file from pc and mobile. but phone is not detected in odin
also when phone in download mode its not detected in odin (pc can detect it)
i have tried all odin version 3.04, 3.07. 3.09 but same problem.

phone was getting detected in odin with stock 4.2, after i flashed to custom ROM probam-20140312-UNOFFICIAL-i9082-k2wl-build9 , its not getting detected in odin.

please help me..

ROM :- probam-20140312-UNOFFICIAL-i9082-k2wl-build9
recovery :- philz_touch_6.19.3-i9082

i have tried with different USB cabled, but same problem phone is deteced by pc but not by odin, same problem on wint7, win xp, i tried it on different pc also...

please let me know what can be done, i want to re-flash to stock 4.1

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 677
Install driver software of Samsung and install the kies in pc but dont open tge kies with odin coz it will fail ur flashing process..See whether drivers r installed or else odin will not detect...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 331
U can simply find the sammy drivers (~30mbs) on a thread i made [must read thread]... Install drivers from that... Restart pc/laptop... Open odin and it will br detected, if still not; try inserting usb port about 80% or 90%(sometimes its cable problem, have faced many times ).. Do that nd u will be good to go... Hope i helped

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What i mean is, insert usb anf take it a bit back outside (like 10% of it, )..hope u et what i am saying !..all i mean is try adjusting it fr angles and throughs :P....

Winter is coming #GameOfThrones
The Following User Says Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anup13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
U can simply find the sammy drivers (~30mbs) on a thread i made [must read thread]... Install drivers from that... Restart pc/laptop... Open odin and it will br detected, if still not; try inserting usb port about 80% or 90%(sometimes its cable problem, have faced many times ).. Do that nd u will be good to go... Hope i helped

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What i mean is, insert usb anf take it a bit back outside (like 10% of it, )..hope u et what i am saying !..all i mean is try adjusting it fr angles and throughs :P....

thanks for help,
issue with my phone is, it's detected by PC but not by odin, so it seems drives are present, also i have installed kies but still same issue....
Will try installing drivers and method you said to insert USB about 80 to 90%.
can i have link for sammy drivers

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by anup13 View Post
thanks for help,
issue with my phone is, it's detected by PC but not by odin, so it seems drives are present, also i have installed kies but still same issue....
Will try installing drivers and method you said to insert USB about 80 to 90%.
can i have link for sammy drivers
Yeah.. Then its usb connection problem :P...
Wait..lemme give u link for it(but i dont think u need link as u have already installed drivers mahn).....

Winter is coming #GameOfThrones
The Following User Says Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anup13
Old
(Last edited by anup13; 20th March 2014 at 06:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
Yeah.. Then its usb connection problem :P...
Wait..lemme give u link for it(but i dont think u need link as u have already installed drivers mahn).....

tried as suggested, to insert USB cable as 80-90% but no luck, phone gets detected in MTP mode, but not in odin... tried with 4,5 different cables.. but same result (all samsung provided cables only)..

do i need to do any changes in setting, or any other changes ( i have kept USB debugging on. )

is there any other way to flash to custom rom other than odin..

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 677
Quote:
tried as suggested, to insert USB cable as 80-90% but no luck, phone gets detected in MTP mode, but not in odin... tried with 4,5 different cables.. but same result (all samsung provided cables only)..

do i need to do any changes in setting, or any other changes ( i have kept USB debugging on. )
Don't use Samsung cables use different one in my case i used old Nokia usb cable and it worked...
The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DMJoh
Old
(Last edited by DMJoh; 20th March 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:

is there any other way to flash to custom rom other than odin..
Are you getting a notification/warning message like USB device not recognized?

Try this too... Go to download mode by pressing the keys... Connect cable to your phone but not to pc. When u press volume up to continue. Insert the cable to usb 2.0 port of your computer.

I mean insert the cable in to PC qt the same time when you press Volume Up key when prompted to continue to download mode.

The above method is just for a try.The problem may be with your phone/drivers. Drivers which are essential to detect usb phone flashing parent. Bt kies is enough.
So may be a problem with your download mode.

Sent From Galaxy Grand running RR 5.0.6
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jetvis37
Old
(Last edited by jetvis37; 21st March 2014 at 12:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2441
Uninstall all drivers n kies as well....restart ur pc n install again from scratch....n try...it happened with me many times...just suggestion...
The Following User Says Thank You to jetvis37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anup13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
Are you getting a notification/warning message like USB device not recognized?

Try this too... Go to download mode by pressing the keys... Connect cable to your phone but not to pc. When u press volume up to continue. Insert the cable to usb 2.0 port of your computer.

I mean insert the cable in to PC qt the same time when you press Volume Up key when prompted to continue to download mode.

The above method is just for a try.The problem may be with your phone/drivers. Drivers which are essential to detect usb phone flashing parent. Bt kies is enough.
So may be a problem with your download mode.

Sent From Galaxy Grand running RR 5.0.6
Thanks for you help. it worked.. now odin is able to detect my phone..