Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BetterBatteryStats says my wifi is running 100% of the time?

Tip us?

RCizzle65
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BetterBatteryStats says my wifi is running 100% of the time?

The ROM I'm on is ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 on an AT&T Galaxy S3. I've been having battery problems for awhile on this phone, but after upgrading to this, it has just gotten much worse. I take a look at BetterBatteryStats and it says my wifi is running all the time. I don't have wifi on most of the time, and I've reset the phone and it is still occurring.

eatkabab
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCizzle65 View Post
The ROM I'm on is ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 on an AT&T Galaxy S3. I've been having battery problems for awhile on this phone, but after upgrading to this, it has just gotten much worse. I take a look at BetterBatteryStats and it says my wifi is running all the time. I don't have wifi on most of the time, and I've reset the phone and it is still occurring.
I'm on task650's most recent 4.3 ROM and I got the same issue. Its draining 10% batt every hour. Killing me. Reinstalling the ROM or resetting did not help. It has in the past but not this time.

benedictros
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatkabab View Post
I'm on task650's most recent 4.3 ROM and I got the same issue. Its draining 10% batt every hour. Killing me. Reinstalling the ROM or resetting did not help. It has in the past but not this time.
I saw this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51574320

i am trying it now to see if it really works. I Also have wifi running 100%

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Is it the wlan_rx_wake stat? This came up on mine last week and I found a solution.

RCizzle65
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc103 View Post
Is it the wlan_rx_wake stat? This came up on mine last week and I found a solution.
What was your solution?

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default wlan_rx_wake solution

Quote:
What was your solution?
For wlan_rx_wake, the research was saying this error is triggered by settings and/or background activity on 1 or more particular wlans you connect on (not by anything on your phone). Different posters saw it draining their battery on their school, work or home wifi networks accordingly.

I took 2 approaches: Since it was my home network, I disabled the UPnP service on my main router. I also separately configured a static IP (one that is outside the range of automatic addresses) on my phone for the home wifi connection using the "Modify network config" command available by long pressing an SSID in the list on Wifi settings. It worked. 1.4% / hour overnight drain is restored. (It had risen to 4%).

Both approaches isolate the phone from some types of network broadcast activity that triggers excessive wake time.
The Following User Says Thank You to pc103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aiden88
Old
Thanks Meter 19
For me, seems working this operation
Go to WiFi settings-> Advanced-> Uncheck "Scanning always available"

Credits to @phanitej for this post
I'm italian, sorry for my not perfect english

Samsung Galaxy S4 Black
ROM: Omega v34
BOOTLOADER: I9505XXUBMGA (old)
KERNEL: KT Kernel Touchwiz KK4.4 07.12.2014
MODEM:UGNF1