Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My galaxy s3 won't recognize any sim?

Tip us?

Onye
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] My galaxy s3 won't recognize any sim?

i have the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. the phone is already unlocked so i know it should accept foreign sims but it doesn't recognize any sim i put in it. so far ive used 3 different simple mobile sims and none of them have worked. i called AT&T to find out if my IEMI was blocked or blacklisted but they said no, the phone should be working perfectly. plus weird thing is, i get the signal bars next to the battery as if the sim is working but it still says "No Sim. Insert Sim Card"

the phone is rooted so i was wondering maybe that has something to do with it? the phone was working perfectly fine until i rooted it. the specs are:

Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband Version: I747UCLEM
Kernel Version: 3.0.31 - 274808
Build number: JRO03L.I747UCDLK3

please i am very desperate to get it working by tonight. does anybody know why my galaxy s3 won't recognize any simple mobile sim put in it? is there software im missing or updates i need? i already tried unrooting my phone, no luck.

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 370
Default Re: [Q] My galaxy s3 won't recognize any sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onye View Post
i have the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. the phone is already unlocked so i know it should accept foreign sims but it doesn't recognize any sim i put in it. so far ive used 3 different simple mobile sims and none of them have worked. i called AT&T to find out if my IEMI was blocked or blacklisted but they said no, the phone should be working perfectly. plus weird thing is, i get the signal bars next to the battery as if the sim is working but it still says "No Sim. Insert Sim Card"

the phone is rooted so i was wondering maybe that has something to do with it? the phone was working perfectly fine until i rooted it. the specs are:

Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband Version: I747UCLEM
Kernel Version: 3.0.31 - 274808
Build number: JRO03L.I747UCDLK3

please i am very desperate to get it working by tonight. does anybody know why my galaxy s3 won't recognize any simple mobile sim put in it? is there software im missing or updates i need? i already tried unrooting my phone, no luck.
Who is your network provider? ATT or simple mobile?

Do you still have an imei on your phone under settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts

Onye
Old
(Last edited by Onye; 18th March 2013 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: clarify
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
Who is your network provider? ATT or simple mobile?

the network provider is Simple Mobile!
yes the IMEI is still under settings

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onye View Post
the network provider is Simple Mobile!
yes the IMEI is still under settings
I hate to ask the question but are you sure you had the phone unlocked and if so how did you do it?

Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts

Onye
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
I hate to ask the question but are you sure you had the phone unlocked and if so how did you do it?

yes the phone is unlocked. maybe i forgot to mention this earlier but it was using a simple mobile sim card perfect before i rooted it. i called AT&T international and they gave me the unlock code after i asked. i didn't need it tho because they told me if it wasn't unlocked, after i put the foreign sim in, it would prompt for the unlock code but the phone never prompts for one, just says "No Sim insert Sim card", something along those lines. further more i was informed that if it wasn't unlocked, it would say "unrecognizable sim" instead of "no sim". the fact that it says "no sim" means it won't read the sim card. the thing is no matter what sim card i put it (i tried 3 or 4 different ones) the phone still says "no sim"

i tried changing the modem to every single one compatible with the SGH i747 model and nothing helped. i tried changing the modem to a Tmobile modem because i know simple mobile uses Tmobile radio towers but that didn't help at all. i deleted all the cache and unrooted the phone but that didn't help so i rerooted it again. i don't know im just extremely frustrated right now. i've spent hours on the interenet and called AT&T international countless times to try and fix it but they always tell me its the sim cards fault but i know its not because i've tried it in other phones and they work. i'm just looking for a miracle here.

oh i did try to flash a custom rom and kernel but it didn't work and i received an error message and rebooted it without tampering with the rom and kernel again. maybe that has something to do with it?

dreckis604
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Try doing a kies factory restore mate.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

xmanberserker
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have the same situation, after doing this:

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

Now it does not ask for the code unlock when i insert the t-mobile sim card, it shows error mm#6 or its says, sim card not allowed cannot conect to the network.

muz4
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey OP, how did you solve this issue?

hongzegao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted Galaxy S3 No Sim

Hi, I have exact same situation. I have an unlocked S3 originally locked to Telus. I got it rooted and lost the unlock -- it only reads Telus/Koodo sim card. Anybody help please?

PS: S3 shows the signal, however does not recognize the SIM!

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongzegao View Post
I got it rooted and lost the unlock -- it only reads Telus/Koodo sim card. Anybody help please?
See this thread to unlock:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014982
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 20 Flash experimental .zip
> 30 IF (works) THEN GOTO 50
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake