Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Options to get Facebook and GMail on gear?

Tip us?
 
Clarky78
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Options to get Facebook and GMail on gear?

I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..
 
440bro
Old
#2  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 383
Posts: 1,110
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
You can't reply to gmail on stock either.

In order to on null you need to install the gmail app itself thru playstore on the watch. Then enable Bluetooth tether to use it.
 
Clarky78
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
You can't reply to gmail on stock either.

In order to on null you need to install the gmail app itself thru playstore on the watch. Then enable Bluetooth tether to use it.
I want to reply through the notifications and S Voice. I assume that wont do that? I'm more concerned with replying to facebook chats via S Voice though than GMail.
 
klau1
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 353
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky78 View Post
I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..
There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.

Please Thanks if it helped!






Tablet:
OS:
Kernel Version:
Build number:
Modifications:
 
Clarky78
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1 View Post
There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.
After a few more days usage I have been getting 2 days. But on stock I was getting 4 days, double the time. However, I put my watch on at 12 today after charge, and now it's midnight and I have 95%! So inconsistent, I can't really tell. Does seem that it's not updating though. Weather for example is stuck on 8am without manual refresh.
 
klau1
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 353
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jan 2008
Measure your screen on time, and the other top 2 energy users in the Battery Menu of Android Settings.

Otherwise you won't be able to accuracy figure out the power consumption of your watch on a day to day basis.

Please Thanks if it helped!






Tablet:
OS:
Kernel Version:
Build number:
Modifications:
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more

Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more