Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA update problem!!

Tip us?

suyash1629
Old
(Last edited by suyash1629; 21st March 2014 at 06:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Exclamation OTA update problem!!

Hi guys, yesterday my htc one downloaded android 4.4.2 update(4.19.401.11) which is about 308.24 MB. I had TWRP system recovery so i flashed the stock recovery and tried to install the update but after few minutes the progress bar stoped and the green phone logo turned red than i tried to reboot it again show phone is ready to update, i again tried to install and again same happened but this time i left it on that red logo. while in that red logo(maybe warning signal) i left it as it is and after few minutes it rebooted and this time it said new update available to download(the ota update from downloads folder was deleted). I don't know whats going wrong, my current software version in 3.62.401.1( android 4.3 with htc sense 5.5).. I m rooted and also s-off. Please someone help!!

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash1629 View Post
Hi guys, yesterday my htc one downloaded android 4.4.2 update(4.19.401.11) which is about 308.24 MB. I had TWRP system recovery so i flashed the stock recovery and tried to install the update but after few minutes the progress bar stoped and the green phone logo turned red than i tried to reboot it again show phone is ready to update, i again tried to install and again same happened but this time i left it on that red logo. while in that red logo(maybe warning signal) i left it as it is and after few minutes it rebooted and this time it said new update available to download(the ota update from downloads folder was deleted). I don't know whats going wrong, my current software version in 3.62.401.1( android 4.3 with htc sense 5.5).. I m rooted and also s-off. Please someone help!!
Try it again and this time when the green logo turns red, hold down volume up and press power button while holding volume up, the recovery log should appear , post the error msg that it shows here (you might have to try pressing volume up, volume down and power button for recovery log to appear, you'll have to get the timing right)

suyash1629
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammad.uzi1994 View Post
Try it again and this time when the green logo turns red, hold down volume up and press power button while holding volume up, the recovery log should appear , post the error msg that it shows here (you might have to try pressing volume up, volume down and power button for recovery log to appear, you'll have to get the timing right)
The update is being downloaded again, as soon as it finishes i will do it again and i will try to get the recovery log..

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
The update is being downloaded again, as soon as it finishes i will do it again and i will try to get the recovery log..
Okay

suyash1629
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Okay
Recovery Log:

Code:
Select Code
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Warning: No file_contextsVerifying current system...
"/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.
Do you have any idea why is this happening? I tried opening the ota package in my computer, and in there firmware.zip was not opening. It says the compressed folder is invalid.

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Recovery Log:

Code:
Select Code
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Warning: No file_contextsVerifying current system...
"/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.
Do you have any idea why is this happening? I tried opening the ota package in my computer, and in there firmware.zip was not opening. It says the compressed folder is invalid.
No, mate, I don't know about this error, Maybe @nkk71 knows, better wait to see what he thinks about this . Are you rooted? Have you ever modified your OS by deleting any system apps?

suyash1629
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
No, mate, I don't know about this error, Maybe @nkk71 knows, better wait to see what he thinks about this . Are you rooted? Have you ever modified your OS by deleting any system apps?
i m rooted but not modified system apps or deleted them. but this firmware file does not contain "/system/framework/core.odex" and also firmware.zip doesn't open.. i dont think so, rooting effects the update because last time i updated to 4.3 while i was rooted.

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
i m rooted but not modified system apps or deleted them. but this firmware file does not contain "/system/framework/core.odex" and also firmware.zip doesn't open.. i dont think so, rooting effects the update because last time i updated to 4.3 while i was rooted.
I got no ideas about this, you should wait for nkk71 or @alray

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
1- firmware.zip won't open with Windows Explorer because it's a signed firmware package, this is expected

2- "/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents -> it's either not there or not stock, the OTA will not go through, if all the conditions are not met 100%

suyash1629
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- firmware.zip won't open with Windows Explorer because it's a signed firmware package, this is expected

2- "/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents -> it's either not there or not stock, the OTA will not go through, if all the conditions are not met 100%
is there any solution for updating?

Tags
4.19.401.11, htc one