Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 51,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Roms for att version of active

Tip us?

bigfdaddy2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Default Roms for att version of active

Can we flash the att 4.4 s4 roms on our phone that say their safestrap compatible? If not where would b the roms for us att users who r rooted and still on 4.2.2? I see only international version Compatible but non that say att....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfdaddy2 View Post
Can we flash the att 4.4 s4 roms on our phone that say their safestrap compatible? If not where would b the roms for us att users who r rooted and still on 4.2.2? I see only international version Compatible but non that say att....

A little searching will go a long way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491762
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigfdaddy2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
I did read that post multiple times actually.. I've tried a few with no success that it lists as works.... Also u still didn't answer my question and neither does that post....

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
I did read that post multiple times actually.. I've tried a few with no success that it lists as works.... Also u still didn't answer my question and neither does that post....

You're right, I didn't fully answer your question there are a bunch of SafeStrap threads out there and a few of them have the answers you're looking for, but not the one I linked to.

Since we have a locked bootloader we cannot flash things that aren't signed by Samsung. SafeStrap gets around this by redirecting everything to a different data partition. Unfortunately it can only do this after the kernel loads, and since there's no way to flash a different kernel you're stuck with the stock kernel on your phone. This is important.

You can only flash ROMs that work with the stock kernel on your phone. So since you are on MF3, you can only use ROMs that are based on 4.2.2 TouchWiz. If you're on MI2 then you can flash 4.3 TouchWiz-based ROMs. So you are very limited as to what you can flash.

As for not being able to get ROMs to work, you need to make sure you have enough free space when creating a ROM slot, 4-5 GB should be plenty. You cannot share apps or data between different ROM slots so be careful with your space. You should be able to get the GPE ROM to work, I'm using it right now. So completely delete your ROM slot 1 and recreate it. Then follow the steps exactly as they are written in the thread I linked to and make sure you flash the proper module files for your phone.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

bigfdaddy2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Ty for being more in depth in ya answer and that... I have tried the gpe room three times and it never boots it goes to Android stock recovery..

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Ty for being more in depth in ya answer and that... I have tried the gpe room three times and it never boots it goes to Android stock recovery..

Three questions:
  • What stock firmware are you on?
  • What version of SafeStrap are you using?
  • What modules are you flashing afterwards?

If you could link to everything, including the ROM it would be helpful.

bigfdaddy2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
I'm on mf3, safe strap 3.71,gpe 4.2.2 listed in thread with roms that are working with safestrap... Mf3 master patch as listed in thread that supposed to contain all the files in one

bigfdaddy2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
The thread I used to get the patches n rom from.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491762

captaincado
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
I'm on mf3, safe strap 3.71,gpe 4.2.2 listed in thread with roms that are working with safestrap... Mf3 master patch as listed in thread that supposed to contain all the files in one

I think SS 3.71 is for 4.3, you need SafeStrap 3.65, for 4.2.2

Sent Via Smoke Signals
Some days, you eat the bear...

Other days, the bear eats you!!

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:

You need to be using SafeStrap 3.65 if you're on MF3. 3.71 is for 4.3 stock ROMs (MI2). One you do that everything should work just fine.