[Q] Phone will only charge while off?

OP riderrace

20th March 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Any thoughts as to why an s4 might only charge while off? I'm thinking hardware issue, but it is very strange...

Have been running the latest snapshot (m4) of CM11. Unplugged the phone the other morning and it thought it was still plugged in (charging symbol and all). I rebooted and it seemed fine.... Until I tried to dock it to play music. Worked intermittently for a few hours and then stopped all together.

I left it plugged in at work for ~30 mins, and it finally recognized the usb and starting charging. Eventually stopped working again. Now it will only charge while the phone is off. I've tried different usb cables, reflashing, full wiping, different ROM (shostock) to no effect.

Any help would be much appreciated.
20th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderrace

Any thoughts as to why an s4 might only charge while off? I'm thinking hardware issue, but it is very strange...

Have been running the latest snapshot (m4) of CM11. Unplugged the phone the other morning and it thought it was still plugged in (charging symbol and all). I rebooted and it seemed fine.... Until I tried to dock it to play music. Worked intermittently for a few hours and then stopped all together.

I left it plugged in at work for ~30 mins, and it finally recognized the usb and starting charging. Eventually stopped working again. Now it will only charge while the phone is off. I've tried different usb cables, reflashing, full wiping, different ROM (shostock) to no effect.

Now, normally I'd say "If you're not using the stock charger, it may do that," but it seems to have worked fine before.

Sorry, I don't know how to help.
21st March 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderrace

What are you plugging it in to? The USB port may not be putting out enough power to run and charge the phone. Other than that, if it's a USB plug then that might be bad or or may not be making good contact in that outlet or something.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread