Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 55,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Uncompressed mms

Tip us?
 
yneill
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Uncompressed mms

Is there a way to use Google hangouts SMS and have the pics sent not be compressed. So if I take a 2 meg. Pic it will send the 2 meg pic Instead of compressing it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
 
micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 21st March 2014 at 05:26 PM.)
#2  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9,613
Posts: 5,765
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by yneill View Post
Is there a way to use Google hangouts SMS and have the pics sent not be compressed. So if I take a 2 meg. Pic it will send the 2 meg pic Instead of compressing it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
Yup, the app does enable you to send uncompressed mms, amongst a host of other features.

Some use it as their daily driver for mms instead of the stock app.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
 
yneill
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jul 2007
Ok Thanks for the reply so can u tell me how to do it ??

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to yneill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
micmars
Old
#4  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9,613
Posts: 5,765
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by yneill View Post
Ok Thanks for the reply so can u tell me how to do it ??

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
Sure, just go into settings and change your default mms app...





Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
 
yneill
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanks.......but I was asking how to have uncompressed mms not how to change default SMS apps

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
 
micmars
Old
#6  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9,613
Posts: 5,765
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by yneill View Post
Thanks.......but I was asking how to have uncompressed mms not how to change default SMS apps

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
Hangouts does not compress mms. The default and only setting is to send mms as-is, uncompressed further by the app. On your end, it's going out in whatever compression was originally in the file (jpg, &c).

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes