Post Reply

updated to kitkat from 4.3 mj4 phone freezing

5th March 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
HI all anyone can help me with my phone freezing every 5 mins and then i have to pull the battery or hold the power down to reset it. this started after i installed kitkat and i followed the installation to the letter T and my basband still has MJ4 in it as well and Software Version i am unsure if this has anything to do with it. I have taken steps from which i thought were the problem and have not been successful at all i have installed three different versions of kitkat and still get the same results as well as the Baseband and the Software version does not change even with me installing a kitkat boot loader and all kitkat components that are available at the moment. does anyone know where i can find kitkat modem/firmware i see the firmware but no modem.
5th March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #2  
MrWicked1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca
Thanks Meter: 108
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
I would go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657447 and flash that thru Odin so it gives you everything firmware....etc then root if you are wanting to be rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrWicked1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Did you have any luck fixing the freezing? Im having the same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldskoolerhatch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #4  
Nickitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 233
 
493 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I luckily read the following post, did it perfectly and am now having a great KK experience. If you want help, click the link below and read the 10th post down.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2669126&page=2

Please give thanks to @rlmiller for his step by step contribution.

Let us know if I've helped either of you.
Last edited by Nickitt; 6th March 2014 at 12:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickitt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolerhatch

Did you have any luck fixing the freezing? Im having the same issue.

No, I just called sprint and complained that I did a update and now my phone freezes randomly and I was not going to sit in a sprint store for 2 hours and that I had better things to do so don't waste my time telling me to go to the sprint store . So she sent me another note3.. With kitkat pre installed. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to monty_python For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty_python

No, I just called sprint and complained that I did a update and now my phone freezes randomly and I was not going to sit in a sprint store for 2 hours and that I had better things to do so don't waste my time telling me to go to the sprint store . So she sent me another note3.. With kitkat pre installed. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Just wondering if you found a fix?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to monty_python For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #7  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 9,968
 
5,876 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickitt

I luckily read the following post, did it perfectly and am now having a great KK experience. If you want help, click the link below and read the 10th post down.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2669126&page=2

Please give thanks to @rlmiller for his step by step contribution.

Let us know if I've helped either of you.

I think it's great that @rlmiller provides instructions, but I kindly ask that you avoid linking to instructions that are tethered to one specific rom. These Q&A threads are from folks whom need tailored help, and I highly encourage providing that help.

Linking a user whose aim is to upgrade to TouchWiz KitKat to one specific rom draws the user towards one something in lieu of many possibilities.

I've written at least 3 such instructions in the last 2 nights, equally detailed, and specific to the user.

I'd think it better for all development if the question were answered or linked to same, unfettered by a specific rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank