Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile Data Toggle????

Tip us?

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile Data Toggle????

Hello all and good day. I wanted to ask this question on in the thread for the ROM I'm using but it said I could not. I am using the GUMMY M.1 ROM, 4.4.2, and would like to know how to add the 3G/Mobile Data quick toggle. I was able to add it in other ROMs using SQLite Editor but the same method on this ROM does not work. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, or if there is more to it being on an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM. Thank you and any feedback will be appreciated.

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for moving to the correct place. Now,....anyone have any suggestions or info?

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anything good folks of XDA?

Bill720
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Cool widget and pulldown

Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b
Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid_head View Post
Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.
Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?

[ROM][4.4.2] T.V - Gummy Rom M1.2

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid_head View Post
[ROM][4.4.2] T.V - Gummy Rom M1.2
Under system settings --- gummy interface you will find settings to add/remove/arrange your toggles. Not on it atm so cant give you exact instructions.

Almost every aosp 4.4 rom has the option to do this.

Jlmancuso

Fluid_head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Under system settings --- gummy interface you will find settings to add/remove/arrange your toggles. Not on it atm so cant give you exact instructions.

Almost every aosp 4.4 rom has the option to do this.

Yes, very true. There is no option for a 3G/Data quick toggle though. An LTE one but it does not turn on or off. Plus the 4G/LTE is so spotty and weak here, I set the phone to use 3G.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4350

DONATE TO ME
There is an icon that looks like your signal bar and will have an x above it when data is off and say sprint when data is on. That is the toggle.

Jlmancuso