Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm Trying to Fix the Touchscreen for an LG Optimus, Model Designation: LG-E970

Tip us?

Adjutant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question I'm Trying to Fix the Touchscreen for an LG Optimus, Model Designation: LG-E970

The phone functions well, but it has a crack which has incapacitated the digitizer.

I'd like a way to get all of the photos, text data, and contact information from the phone, but I cannot seem to find a way.

Should I just buy a digitizer?

I guess I could just buy one of these I found on craigslist for $125, but the guy's an hour away. Maybe I could meet him halfway? If I got that, maybe I could move parts over.

Otherwise, I could just Ebay myself some parts.

I searched for "e970 parts" and found what looks like a digitizer replacement for $25. I'd post links here, but I think one of the mods would have to take pity on me.

Anyway, let me know if you have any experience with this, or if there's a better forum for me to post about this

luisoman2000
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjutant View Post
The phone functions well, but it has a crack which has incapacitated the digitizer.

I'd like a way to get all of the photos, text data, and contact information from the phone, but I cannot seem to find a way.

Should I just buy a digitizer?

I guess I could just buy one of these I found on craigslist for $125, but the guy's an hour away. Maybe I could meet him halfway? If I got that, maybe I could move parts over.

Otherwise, I could just Ebay myself some parts.

I searched for "e970 parts" and found what looks like a digitizer replacement for $25. I'd post links here, but I think one of the mods would have to take pity on me.

Anyway, let me know if you have any experience with this, or if there's a better forum for me to post about this
Ok lets see:
Digitizer is glued to the LCD, so unless you have the skill, I suggest you buy both lcd and digitizer assembly.
Pantech Burst
Rooted and Gizmolord 3.0 (sold!)

Xperia Ion
Running Aoba_PureBlack_Ultimate Privacy(sold! Really miss it though)

Lg Optimus G(AT&T) (Sold 3 of em so far)
Running EG8 Rom

Samsung Galaxy S
(loaner from a friend-returned)

BLU Dash 4.0 (JB 4.2 version)
Loaned it to my bro while he fixes his S3

Lg Optimus G Pro(finally!!)
Running LG G3 Optimus V4.5 GPRO by Bountyman