Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,767,951 Members 39,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disappointing battery life.

Tip us?
 
buntysatya
Old
(Last edited by buntysatya; 18th March 2014 at 09:59 AM.) Reason: Spelling
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default [Q] Disappointing battery life.

I heard good reviews about battery life of Moto G but mine's battery life is disappointing, could you please see my stats and tell me if its normal or something is wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-21-39.png
Views:	610
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	2636660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-21-45.png
Views:	517
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	2636661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-22-28.png
Views:	527
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	2636662  
 
mokkami
Old
#2  
mokkami's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 417
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
There can be many factors why battery life is that worse. Bad programmed apps, Wifi always on, screen time, call duration, running background processes and so on. Most times i switch my data connection off if i don't need it. I run my phone since 2 days and 8 hours and my battery is on 9% at the moment. As i see your wifi was always on. Try switching it off.
 
buntysatya
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
There can be many factors why battery life is that worse. Bad programmed apps, Wifi always on, screen time, call duration, running background processes and so on. Most times i switch my data connection off if i don't need it. I run my phone since 2 days and 8 hours and my battery is on 9% at the moment. As i see your wifi was always on. Try switching it off.

Screen on time is around 4 hours, I haven't called even for a second or used my data connection yet, but I keep wifi always on because I thought it causes lesser battery drain.
 
mokkami
Old
#4  
mokkami's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 417
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
How can always wifi on cause lesser battery drain?
Don't know, sounds unlogical to me.

4 hours screen on? Phuu........did not try it but i guess it is normal if you have your screen 4 hours on.
What are you expecting? Switching everyting on and then have a two days battery life?

See yourself on your graph how battery got better when screen was off. Now switch off wifi and try again.

In my opinion i don't see any problem with your phone.
Maybe someone might correct me if someone feels that i am .....
 
buntysatya
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
How can always wifi on cause lesser battery drain?
Don't know, sounds unlogical to me.

4 hours screen on? Phuu........did not try it but i guess it is normal if you have your screen 4 hours on.
What are you expecting? Switching everyting on and then have a two days battery life?

See yourself on your graph how battery got better when screen was off. Now switch off wifi and try again.

In my opinion i don't see any problem with your phone.
Maybe someone might correct me if someone feels that i am .....

I thought Wifi uses lesser battery than 3G and I expected 20 hours battery atleast.
 
fabus
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 109
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wroclaw
I see your Wifi is working all the time. Are you aware of this?

In some JB Android version google implemented automatic Wifi networks scanning (probably for their purposes), even when Wifi switch swhows "disabled".
You can disable it, maybe it can save some battery: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422689,00.asp

Cheers.
 
darkeingel
Old
#7  
darkeingel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 225
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bucharest
Install BetterBatteryStats and see if there's any wakelocks that are eating your battery at the moment.

Also, about your on screen time - what's the settings for brightness that you use? You might want to consider dropping the "auto" and go for a reasonable low level of brightness that fits your indoor or outdoor activities.

Your assumption of WiFi eating less batter than data connection is correct in most of the cases.

Anyway, if you have any doubts about this... an average NOTE3 user can't get to those 3h 30minutes with on screen time
 
_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber


_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - STOCK 4.4.4 - ROOTED + XPOSED + Greenify + Faux's Kernel.
 
liveroy
Old
#8  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stara Zagora

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
Install BetterBatteryStats and see if there's any wakelocks that are eating your battery at the moment.

Also, about your on screen time - what's the settings for brightness that you use? You might want to consider dropping the "auto" and go for a reasonable low level of brightness that fits your indoor or outdoor activities.

Your assumption of WiFi eating less batter than data connection is correct in most of the cases.

Anyway, if you have any doubts about this... an average NOTE3 user can't get to those 3h 30minutes with on screen time
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538691

Your battery is normal with so much screen on time.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
 
quizmaniac
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jan 2014
It does look disappointing,i get a lot more than that but mine is rooted and greenified and set up how i like it.

Im currently on 1d 18h and have 39% left with 4 hour screen time and that's with a mixture of wifi and 3G.

i enable airplane mode overnight though which only uses 1% in 8 hours.
Motorola Moto G
 
tje1991
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2014
I'd say that's normal battery life for this phone here's mine for today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-20-13-13.png
Views:	178
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	2637550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-20-14-50.png
Views:	164
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2637551  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes