Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 OTA ML2 Root Method!

Tip us?

htaak
Old
(Last edited by htaak; 24th March 2014 at 03:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 113
For the guy having issues with rooting....

I had to try multiple times to get Saferoot to work. Try switching USB ports on your PC and trying right after you reboot your PC.

Sent from my Rooted I537
PNW

MechaBouncer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderwear View Post
When you go into download mode.. Under system status.. What do you see.. Official or custom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
If it says "Custom" will I not be able to flash this? I'm not sure if it was attempting to root it before with 4.3 OTA ML2 installed or if it had something to do with the Avast! Anti-Theft that's still installed at the root level that I forgot to get rid of.

I've never used Odin before, so I've got some reading to do. I just want to make sure that this is even an option or if I'm screwed.

Thanks!
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Urban Gray (SGH-I537) with 4.3 ML2 and ROOTED thanks to Sunderwear's method using Odin.

Previous:
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY R800a on AT&T running Android 2.3.4 (North American Generic 4.0.2.A.0.42), 8x55A-AAABQMAZM-20302204-36 baseband, and rooted using the SuperOneClick (zergRush) method.

allex3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cool.

Cool. everything works

Sunderwear
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
@MechaBouncer. My question was to other member that was trying to downgrade the modem for his phone. Don't worry.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

deac2898
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default awesome!

Took about 5 minutes but it worked Thanks!

popfan
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Just an FYI to all - I did find that Odin 3.09 was the best one to use for new ppl. The buttons match the fields that need to filled in. Example - 3.09 has CSC button and that is where the CSC file goes.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - Rooted - Thanks Geohot!!

Rooted Atrix HD

Stupid brother broke it - Captivate I897 - build 1010
HellyBeaned

Sorry Sony Xperia Ion

Miami_Son
Old
Thanks Meter 356
I've asked this before and never really got an answer. Now that we have a viable root method for OTA ML2 I'll ask again. What is in this release that would make it worth updating from 4.2.2? Thanks in advance.
Google Nexus 7 32gb Wifi
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy SII (sold)
Samsung Captivate (traded in)
HTC Tilt 2 (on bedroom duty)
LG Incite (long gone)
RAZR V3 (my 1st net-enabled phone)
"Well miami has a point..." - Leezrd

gatoraid84
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
I've asked this before and never really got an answer. Now that we have a viable root method for OTA ML2 I'll ask again. What is in this release that would make it worth updating from 4.2.2? Thanks in advance.
In my opinion less laggy and battery life much improved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to gatoraid84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tmease1
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
A lot less laggy. I finally did it just because we will have to have 4.3 to get anymore updates. To me it's is worth updating.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tmease1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MechaBouncer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've hated it this far because of the root problems and GPS and WiFi drops. I'll try rooting it when I get home from work. Thanks for the info.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Urban Gray (SGH-I537) with 4.3 ML2 and ROOTED thanks to Sunderwear's method using Odin.

Previous:
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY R800a on AT&T running Android 2.3.4 (North American Generic 4.0.2.A.0.42), 8x55A-AAABQMAZM-20302204-36 baseband, and rooted using the SuperOneClick (zergRush) method.