Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,949 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible solution for all charging issues

Tip us?

clotveins
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Possible solution for all charging issues

I have seen a lot of people having charging issues. Even i had a lot. Issues listed below

1. Discharging issue if i use the phone while charging
2. Slow charging (taking over 4-5 hours ti charge my phone)

I took my phone to service centre with a possible issue with my phone. Note i was using original 1.2mA OEM charger.

I enquired if LG G2 is also having 1.2mA OUTPUT charger but it carried 1.8mA charger.

I got my replaced for testing on my own and voila its charging completely within an hour! Trust me! Even while using my phone during charging (mild browsing) doesn't show discharging but yes a bit slow charging.

Even though i am not sure if 1.8mA charger might affect battery in any way (service centre guy told me its fine to charge my LG G PRO with 1.8 one), i request people to throw some light on possible issues i might face.

Otherwise, all you people can use lg g2 oem charger to have a wonderful charge time

Sent from my LG E988; click thanks if i helped you. it will be appreciated

stfly
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There will be no problems if you use a higher capacity charger with GPro as long as the charger is of good quality. I have been using an iPad 1st gen charger with mine since day one and haven't had an issue yet.

One more thing, I've noticed GPro can be a bit picky about the USB cable used for charging so use the original cable if you received one with your phone or a quality alternative.

clotveins
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfly View Post
There will be no problems if you use a higher capacity charger with GPro as long as the charger is of good quality. I have been using an iPad 1st gen charger with mine since day one and haven't had an issue yet.

One more thing, I've noticed GPro can be a bit picky about the USB cable used for charging so use the original cable if you received one with your phone or a quality alternative.
I got both travel adapter as well as USB cable replaced

Sent from my LG E988; click thanks if i helped you. it will be appreciated