Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty on dead s3 mini with custom rom

Tip us?

maicolboss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Warranty on dead s3 mini with custom rom

Hi guys, my friend's S3 mini is completely dead without reason (i think the famous sudden death),it was on cm 11 and i can't restore to stock firmware or nothing, because it don't turn on in any way (recovery mode , download mode or others) no charging, no connect to my pc, any led.
I think is a samsung factory defect. (motherboard or other)
In your opinion, it's possible take it to samsung for warranty repair? (hoping that Samsung, with the phone dead, not see my custom rom)
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the bad english

Gw|n
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Your friend has nothing to lose, I think. He can try to play "dumb customer", e.g. "I dont know what happened".
The Following User Says Thank You to Gw|n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maicolboss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gw|n View Post
Your friend has nothing to lose, I think. He can try to play "dumb customer", e.g. "I dont know what happened".
It's exactly what i meant , nobody has ever tried?

factorexh
Old
Thanks Meter 57
my friend's galaxy ace was same. dead with custom rom. but they take it and repair. nothing went wrong. i think they cant check rom. i think they will eccept it

Sent from my GT-I8190
The Following User Says Thank You to factorexh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ahmed.ragab
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicolboss View Post
Hi guys, my friend's S3 mini is completely dead without reason (i think the famous sudden death),it was on cm 11 and i can't restore to stock firmware or nothing, because it don't turn on in any way (recovery mode , download mode or others) no charging, no connect to my pc, any led.
I think is a samsung factory defect. (motherboard or other)
In your opinion, it's possible take it to samsung for warranty repair? (hoping that Samsung, with the phone dead, not see my custom rom)
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the bad english
I was having galaxy w and it was totally dead with custom Rom .. I send it to samsung and they change the motherboard as it was has a warranty let him try to go to Samsung center and say . I was try to update with kies or anything like that
Don't forget to press thanks button If my post helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed.ragab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maicolboss
Old
(Last edited by maicolboss; 5th May 2014 at 09:57 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks a lot for the replies guys