Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Warning! Camera Failed Message

Tip us?
 
wahzeemu
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
Post [Q] Warning! Camera Failed Message

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and from the start I have not been able to take a picture. Whenever I open the camera application, I get the message "Warning Camera Failed". I have tried the factory reset, WANAM camera fix, various Stock Roms and I am evening running the Omera ROM right now. None of these seem to work, could this be a hardware or software issue and is there a fix for it?
 
otacon888
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 272
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahzeemu View Post
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and from the start I have not been able to take a picture. Whenever I open the camera application, I get the message "Warning Camera Failed". I have tried the factory reset, WANAM camera fix, various Stock Roms and I am evening running the Omera ROM right now. None of these seem to work, could this be a hardware or software issue and is there a fix for it?
Test the camera in test mode. Enter *#0*# on your dialpad and choose mega cam and see if the camera works there. If it still crashes there, then chances are it's a hardware problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to otacon888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wahzeemu
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
Thanks so much otacon88. I have tried the camera in test mode and it still does not work. So it is safe to assume its a hardware problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon888 View Post
Test the camera in test mode. Enter *#0*# on your dialpad and choose mega cam and see if the camera works there. If it still crashes there, then chances are it's a hardware problem.
 
Mittaa
Old
#4  
Mittaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,583
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahzeemu View Post
Thanks so much otacon88. I have tried the camera in test mode and it still does not work. So it is safe to assume its a hardware problem?
If it didn't work on stock firmware I would return the phone immediately
GT-i9505 LTE
Firmware daily: CM11 jflte NIGHTLY ... thread and changelog
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro with Apex Notifier
SDCard: SanDisk Ultra 64GB (exFAT)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Firmware: NEE-I9505XXUFNB9 (KNOX 0x1 F*** Samsung).
Rooted with: CF-Auto-Root
Occasionally recover it from a NanDroid backup ... but prefer CM11
 
wahzeemu
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
I guess that is what I will be doing tomorrow. However I tried the front facing camera and that works. How do i remove the custom firmware that I have put and install the stock firmware back so that I do not have any issues with my warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon888 View Post
Test the camera in test mode. Enter *#0*# on your dialpad and choose mega cam and see if the camera works there. If it still crashes there, then chances are it's a hardware problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittaa View Post
If it didn't work on stock firmware I would return the phone immediately
 
Mittaa
Old
#6  
Mittaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,583
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahzeemu View Post
I guess that is what I will be doing tomorrow. However I tried the front facing camera and that works. How do i remove the custom firmware that I have put and install the stock firmware back so that I do not have any issues with my warranty
Flash appropriate Stock Firmware from here ... use Odin PC to flash it.
Maybe your Camera will work after flash LOL
GT-i9505 LTE
Firmware daily: CM11 jflte NIGHTLY ... thread and changelog
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro with Apex Notifier
SDCard: SanDisk Ultra 64GB (exFAT)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Firmware: NEE-I9505XXUFNB9 (KNOX 0x1 F*** Samsung).
Rooted with: CF-Auto-Root
Occasionally recover it from a NanDroid backup ... but prefer CM11
 
wahzeemu
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
i hightly doubt it will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittaa View Post
Flash appropriate Stock Firmware from samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9500... use Odin PC to flash it.
Maybe your Camera will work after flash LOL
 
robogo1982
Old
#8  
robogo1982's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 452
Posts: 1,430
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Osijek
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahzeemu View Post
i hightly doubt it will
It just might. Try XXMEA, it brings a camera firmware update.
| LG G2 | D802 | CloudyG3 1.3 | 72 hrs on a single charge
| Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Sony Xperia Z | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 | custom ROM | [sold]
| HTC Desire | stock | [sold]
| HTC Hero | stock | [sold]
:: i'm a lazy mug who doesn't update his signature that often ::

 
wahzeemu
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
Let me give it a try and will let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982 View Post
It just might. Try XXMEA, it brings a camera firmware update.
 
wahzeemu
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nairobi
This XXMEA update is for the i9505 but i have the i9500. Is there a possibility of extracting the camera firmware only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982 View Post
It just might. Try XXMEA, it brings a camera firmware update.

Tags
i9500, warning camera failed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more