[Q] What do I do from here?

OP Electriccars

23rd March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 14

270 posts
More
Hey, okay so I Just got my OG and I have successfully rooted the stock ICS and used freegee to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from here.

I want to use it on T-Mobile so I would like to know if you guys have a currently working free (or at least the cheapest) and quickest way to obtain the sim Unlock code?

I want to install Beanstalk but I'm not sure if I need to flash the Jellybean update first using LGNPST or if I should also flash TeenyBin (since the OTA isn't working)

I want LTE to work but it's not a killer feature since HSPA+ is pretty good anyway, but the best Radio for Beanstalk/T-Mobile would be great to know.

A little friendly advice would be appreciated. Just don't want to brick my phone on the first day.
23rd March 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

270 posts
More
Update.
So I've used Flashify to update my recovery to TWRP 2.6.3.0 for Kitkat, and now I think I'm going to do teenybin directly instead of flashing the JB OTA since according to here it's what will update my OG to be able to run the new KitKat ROMs without the need for the JB update. Then I'll install Beanstalk.

I have a full Stock ROM backup on my PC, here's hoping everything goes smoothly.
23rd March 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 184

899 posts
More
do a backup of your efs partition, then update twrp to the kit kat veraion. aftwerwards flash beanstalk. head to the og on tmobile for info, no lte on tmobile.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisoman2000

do a backup of your efs partition, then update twrp to the kit kat veraion. aftwerwards flash beanstalk. head to the og on tmobile for info, no lte on tmobile.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Yeah, so what I said I would do worked, flashed TeenyBin and reflashed KitKat recovery, then I flash and am now running Beanstalk on my LG Optimus G! haha.

Then I paid $1.62 for the unlock code from a guy on ebay, and it worked! YAY! Went down to the local T-Mobile Store and got a free sim from an employee who's a friend, and now I'm in the midst of transferring my data from my old phone with Titanium Backup.

Thanks for responding!

Still not sure what the best radio is for overall performance. the newest Nexus 4 radio 0.48? not sure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread