Unhappy [Q ]Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 not working properly

OP tkruijer

19th December 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuitjenhorn
Thanks Meter: 78

225 posts
More
I have a problem with my International I9505. Someones posted this thread on androidcentral with exactly the same issues as me(but he posted it in the T-Mobile section:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-m...-properly.html

Issues :
  • No audio at all
  • Video freezes, or cannot play
  • Audio cannot play (i tried Google Music, Samsungs stock MP3 player and VK(vkontakte).
  • Cannot make phonecalls. The screen freezes when I try to call someone. When someone calls me, I can't answer. The screen freezes...
  • I tried different roms and different kernels. Nothing seemed to solve the problem

I have flashed roms for years, but have never seen this before. Could it be a hardware problem?!

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly apriciated.
19th December 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,086

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkruijer

I have a problem with my International I9505. Someones posted this thread on androidcentral with exactly the same issues as me(but he posted it in the T-Mobile section:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-m...-properly.html

Issues :

• No audio at all
  • Video freezes, or cannot play
  • Audio cannot play (i tried Google Music, Samsungs stock MP3 player and VK(vkontakte).
  • Cannot make phonecalls. The screen freezes when I try to call someone. When someone calls me, I can't answer. The screen freezes...
  • I tried different roms and different kernels. Nothing seemed to solve the problem

I have flashed roms for years, but have never seen this before. Could it be a hardware problem?!

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly apriciated.

Tell me if your On new bootloader or not? Go to download mode and check if it says Knox Warranty Void that means your in Newbootloader , if you dont see any Knox void that means your on old bootloader, follow this instruction Download which bootloader you have and extract the file , and download via odin.that should fix your problem. Remember to Turn off your phone manually before flashing via odin.

If you are having the old bootloader XXUB flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/48...em_XXUBMH1.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuitjenhorn

225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Tell me if your On new bootloader or not? Go to download mode and check if it says Knox Warranty Void that means your in Newbootloader , if you dont see any Knox void that means your on old bootloader, follow this instruction Download which bootloader you have and extract the file , and download via odin.that should fix your problem. Remember to Turn off your phone manually before flashing via odin.

If you are having the old bootloader XXUB flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/48...em_XXUBMH1.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

Thank you for your quick reply!

In download mode it says the following:
  • KNOX Kernel Lock: 0X0
  • KNOX WARANTY VOID: 0X1

Does this mean i'm on the new bootloader?
19th December 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Thank you for your quick reply!

In download mode it says the following:

• KNOX Kernel Lock: 0X0
  • KNOX WARANTY VOID: 0X1

Does this mean i'm on the new bootloader?

Yea thats true so flash the file for new bootloader
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuitjenhorn

225 posts
More
It works, thanks for saving my phone!
19th December 2013, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Glad that helps . Have a nice day sir

Sent from my Phone.
4th February 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
manchanshort
Quote:

Hello all
Hi tkruijer
I have the same problem but I'm new to the rooted phones and have managed to end up with the same problem as you, I have followed a few root walkthroughs via youtube and websites like this one and manage to root my phone to 4.3 which worked fine for a few days and then calls started to end and shut my phone down then all video and audio went I then used 4.4.2 this also works fine but no sound.... could you please perhaps do me a idiots guide on what to do as I am at a loss with out my phone :[
4th February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter47

Hello all
Hi tkruijer
I have the same problem but I'm new to the rooted phones and have managed to end up with the same problem as you, I have followed a few root walkthroughs via youtube and websites like this one and manage to root my phone to 4.3 which worked fine for a few days and then calls started to end and shut my phone down then all video and audio went I then used 4.4.2 this also works fine but no sound.... could you please perhaps do me a idiots guide on what to do as I am at a loss with out my phone :[

The answer is already there .
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

The answer is already there .

Ok so you have just posted me back to the same posts, what I am saying is I need a complete guide as what to do because I used the bootloader with a fresh install or rom? that still don't work. I really have no idea I can keep installing different roms but I need help from the start to finish.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

What I am saying is I could really do with a guide from holding down the vol up power and home letting go of power and going into standard android system recovery for a samsung gti9505 uk phone on t-mobile. for a complete newbie point of view. What files I will need what version of android to install and how to install them. I am sorry for sounding a complete Newbie but hey Newbie I Am.
4th February 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter47

Ok so you have just posted me back to the same posts, what I am saying is I need a complete guide as what to do because I used the bootloader with a fresh install or rom? that still don't work. I really have no idea I can keep installing different roms but I need help from the start to finish.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

What I am saying is I could really do with a guide from holding down the vol up power and home letting go of power and going into standard android system recovery for a samsung gti9505 uk phone on t-mobile. for a complete newbie point of view. What files I will need what version of android to install and how to install them. I am sorry for sounding a complete Newbie but hey Newbie I Am.

Firat of all you can download the Stock rom from here Once your done downloading the rom that base from your Country/Provider . Follow the tutorial from here and thats it Your phone should work fine. If you give me what Stock rom you need From UK Such as BTU/EE/h3g and etc . Then i can help you with a Fast download link rather than waiting 5 to 8 hours to download from Sammobile.
Last edited by Repulsa; 4th February 2014 at 08:59 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread