Setting up lock and erase

22nd March 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
So I was browsing the web about this "Setting up lock and erase" procedure available via google play.
And at some point someone says and I quote:

"That's it cheers. Tried a lock device and it works. Makes me feel a bit better if some scrote gets hold of my device"

My question is: What is preventing this "scrote" from accessing the phone via recovery mode and do a factory reset?

If there's no secondary in depth protection what's the use of this "security" procedure?
I mean it can be useful to make your phone ring if you're at home you know your phone is at your place and you can't find it.... but in case you just lose it somewhere on the beach... what's the REAL use?

Thank you for your insights.
Alex
22nd March 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 139

337 posts
More
Well just to estimate where the robber is and take help of cops (if they are helpful and not ignorant)
Also erase is to erase data if you don't want that the thief gets anything about your personal info

Sent from my A11 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabbiswasalsodeep

Well just to estimate where the robber is and take help of cops (if they are helpful and not ignorant)
Also erase is to erase data if you don't want that the thief gets anything about your personal info

Sent from my A11 using Tapatalk

Oh yes and he'll be eager to know my personal info....! (NOT)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread