Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nighttime Battery Drain

OP butterblum

12th March 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I recently updated my USA Xperia TL to the new 4.3 (.295). I used the central european Bond edition. I didn't have any problems, except for what seemed like unnecessary battery drain throughout the day. I updated to the .199 version (the Belgium version on this site), and my battery life improved during the day. HOWEVER, I have woken up both days since the update with a dead phone, almost missing work. Both nights, there was at least 50% battery left when I went to sleep, and it was dead 7 hours later. The system says that the Android OS was responsible for 54% of the battery drain, but it is much less than that during the day. Is there a setting that needs changed, or is this a problem inherent to the update?
Thanks
23rd March 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 95

211 posts
More
Did you flash US baseband or are you using 3G (HSPA+) only? I'm experiencing the same problem and the only fix for the battery life so far has been a Tasker script to turn off mobile data while the screen is off. It seems to me that Stamina mode doesn't work with our radios.
23rd March 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 237

1,050 posts
More
I have V. But I still would like to report I had never a high night-time draw as with 4.3, .199.

Here is my night time draw with 4.2.2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PK_Screenshot_2014-03-21-08-12-11.png
Views:	49
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2644994  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread