Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safestrap help

Tip us?

bobbyofna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Safestrap help

So recently I got safestrap after being impatient to wait for a bootloader for a tripped 4.3 d2vzw (which I doubt will ever come out). I followed the safestrap directs carefully. I installed the latest 3.71 apk, installed the recovery, and booted to it. Whenever I try to flash any roms though (in a seperate slot of course) it says successful but when I boot nothing happens, it is just black. I can't turn it off or "on" during this unless i pull the battery. I've tried many roms including, CM10, CM11, Paranoid android, synergy, and cleanrom. The only one that stood out was synergy, it had an installer pop up but after it "installed" and i rebooted it did the black screen thing again. I've tried wiping each rom slot every time messing with different options everything. I even flashed the kernal thingy after each one. It just refuses to work. Anybody have any ideas? It would greatly help. I just want my phone with no samsung bloatware and preferably CM11. Thanks

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Safestrap can only flash TW roms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyofna View Post
So recently I got safestrap after being impatient to wait for a bootloader for a tripped 4.3 d2vzw (which I doubt will ever come out). I followed the safestrap directs carefully. I installed the latest 3.71 apk, installed the recovery, and booted to it. Whenever I try to flash any roms though (in a seperate slot of course) it says successful but when I boot nothing happens, it is just black. I can't turn it off or "on" during this unless i pull the battery. I've tried many roms including, CM10, CM11, Paranoid android, synergy, and cleanrom. The only one that stood out was synergy, it had an installer pop up but after it "installed" and i rebooted it did the black screen thing again. I've tried wiping each rom slot every time messing with different options everything. I even flashed the kernal thingy after each one. It just refuses to work. Anybody have any ideas? It would greatly help. I just want my phone with no samsung bloatware and preferably CM11. Thanks
U can't flash CUSTOM roms on safetrap. Only TW rom

AWESOME POSSOM

bobbyofna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also, it seems to be it is always checking the partition something and it never completes that action. I have also tried eclipse.

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Sorry im not familiar with safe trap.. But heres a sticky http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

AWESOME POSSOM
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyofna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
Safestrap can only flash TW roms.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

U can't flash CUSTOM roms on safetrap. Only TW rom

So what would be an example of a touchwiz rom with no bloatware and no samsung root checker? Isn't Synergy one of those?

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
So what would be an example of a touchwiz rom with no bloatware and no samsung root checker? Isn't Synergy one of those?
Master list of TW 4.3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653902

I READ THAT OLD AND SLOW IS ONE OF MOST STOCKESH TW ROM

AWESOME POSSOM
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 630
You can only flash TouchWiz 4.3 roms.

No aosp (cm, aokp, pa, slimkat, etc.)

And no TouchWiz 4.1.2 (hyperdrive, synergy, cleanrom 7, etc.)

just follow the download list and you'll find everything you need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

landshark68
Old
(Last edited by landshark68; 22nd March 2014 at 05:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
First, be sure to read the safestrap thread thoroughly:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605648

paying special attention to post #11 where it says you can only flash TW 4.3 ROMs using safestrap. So that would be Alliance, Wicked Sensations, CleanROM, MOAR, samstock, old & slow's stock ROM, and Scrosler's stock ROM. Check the development section for all these ROMs. You can't flash any AOSP ROMs, which includes CM, through safestrap.

Edit - Holy schniekies, ninja'd to the max by multiple people I guess I type too slow and put too much info in my post. Good job fellas. I will answer your question about Synergy though. It is still a 4.1.2 ROM as it has not yet been updated to 4.3.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyofna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
You can only flash TouchWiz 4.3 roms.

No aosp (cm, aokp, pa, slimkat, etc.)

And no TouchWiz 4.1.2 (hyperdrive, synergy, cleanrom 7, etc.)

just follow the download list and you'll find everything you need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I tried cleanrom 8.1 that didnt work
and that big list seems to be for the ML1

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
First, be sure to read the safestrap thread thoroughly:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605648

paying special attention to post #11 where it says you can only flash TW 4.3 ROMs using safestrap. So that would be Alliance, Wicked Sensations, CleanROM, MOAR, samstock, old & slow's stock ROM, and Scrosler's stock ROM. Check the development section for all these ROMs. You can't flash any AOSP ROMs, which includes CM, through safestrap.

Edit - Holy schniekies, ninja'd to the max by multiple people I guess I type too slow and put too much info in my post. Good job fellas. I will answer your question about Synergy though. It is still a 4.1.2 ROM as it has not yet been updated to 4.3.
Smartfone.. Reads my thoughts.. No need for keyboard.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote:
I tried cleanrom 8.1 that didnt work
and that big list seems to be for the ML1
If u took the 4.3 ota then ur on ML1 with lock bootloader

AWESOME POSSOM