FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Roms that currently can be flashed on AT&T S5

1,263 posts
Thanks Meter: 217

By eortizr, Senior Member on 25th June 2014, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So while we wait for the 'Development' area to start filling up with new Roms, I opened this thread for people to share what they have found it currently works from other S5 Forums.

So far I have tried and work:

* Alliance Rom (From the T-mobile Forum) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748569
* Stock International from the International Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761682)
* X-Note from the International Forum also works (after removing the Aroma stuff and editing the META-INF folder, Thanks @Skizzy034 for the hint)
* Vision-X http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797336
* Alvin's Stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791067

You have to setup the APN after installing the Roms

*** IMPORTANT***
If you lose root on when installing International ROMS, use 'towelroot v1' to root v3 seems to not work sometimes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eortizr Ad-Free

25th June 2014, 09:27 PM |#2  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,116

More
I posted this in the safestrap thread. It will help out for this thread also:

(Aroma Based Roms)

You can. You just have to take the stuff you want out of the optional aroma install folders and place them in the corresponding /system folders such as /system/app. Then you have to edit the stuff in the meta-inf folder or, easier, replace the meta-inf folder with one from a non-aroma based rom, then just flash as normal.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skizzy034 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skizzy034 Ad-Free
25th June 2014, 11:35 PM |#3  
Fargo ND
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr

So while we wait for the 'Development' area to start filling up with new Roms, I opened this thread for people to share what they have found it currently works from other S5 Forums.

* Alliance Rom (From the T-mobile Forum)
* Stock International from the International Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761682)
* X-Note from the International Forum also works (after removing the Aroma stuff and editing the META-INF folder, Thanks @Skizzy034 for the hint)

I did not have to change anything on the Alliance Rom, but for the International you need to add the APN info.

I wasn't able to get mobile data working out of the box, didn't know the apn settings so restored stock to get apn settings will report back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 01:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr

* Alliance Rom (From the T-mobile Forum)

I did not have to change anything on the Alliance Rom, but for the International you need to add the APN info.

*** IMPORTANT***
You need to 'towelroot' again after you install the rom

You'll have to root again after flashing any of the above ROMS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 02:14 AM |#5  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Here are the APN setting from my total stock AT&T S5 for anyone who needs them, hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-25 22.42.54.png
Views:	4744
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2817756   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-25 22.43.13.png
Views:	4535
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	2817757   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-25 22.43.42.png
Views:	4388
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2817758  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zacharyt86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zacharyt86 Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 02:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownyello

You'll have to root again after flashing any of the above ROMS?

No. I flashed all 3 of them and they all retained their root.
The Following User Says Thank You to NotDavid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NotDavid Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 03:00 AM |#7  
Flag Acworth
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
What y'all using to flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th June 2014, 03:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmushtare

What y'all using to flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

safe strap

26th June 2014, 03:48 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I download a stock G900F rom , cook it with ArchiKitchen with ANCE modem.bin (need to specify boot and modem block). Modify others.xml for displaying NFC icon, disable shutter sound, and enable recording. Also modify customer.xml to make AT&T's default APNs (except FOTA and security strings) so data works right after the first boot. Disable Knox with Archi and no more annoying notification.

Totally stock.

Didn't check root yet but I believe it might have gone? I did not root my rom so I suspect it might have gone?

EDIT: Check with Root Checker and the it doesn't appear to be rooted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-25-21-49-34.png
Views:	2474
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	2817872  
26th June 2014, 04:41 AM |#10  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I've been able to flash most ROM's from the international forums, as long as they have stock kernal and I take out the Aroma stuff, only problem I've noticed on every one of them is SuperSU binary fails to update, don't know if it has something to do with safestrap or what.
26th June 2014, 04:50 AM |#11  
Flag P.R. Levittown
Thanks Meter: 1,558

Donate to Me
More
We need and stock deodex rom for full theming and tweak lets see if @bri315317 will hop one the s5 att since now we have SS
The Following User Says Thank You to carlospr21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlospr21 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)