Thumbs up Upgrade your towel rooted stock ne6 to stock nf6 keep root and dont trip knox

OP ashraf sharif

21st June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 163

449 posts
More
this is what worked for me.
I too took kies update . Couldn't root ,went back to ne6 rooted again with towel root, then iPC odin flashed the nf6 modem after that i PC odin flashed the nf6 firmware. I did not see the kernel in beanstowns stock official thread. So i downloaded the full tar. Moved it to my sdcard. Flashed only kernel , recovery and system WITH MOBILE ODIN PRO. Since i already had installed modem and firmware seperately
. Mobile odin pro worked like a charm. Rooted knox oxo not tripped!

MOBILE ODIN PRO WILL GIVE A RED WARNING SAYING IT WILL TRIP KNOX . BUT IT DID NOT TRIP IT THIS TIME.
SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE NOTE 3.

update, it was brought to my attention by 1iwilly that mobile odin pro after installation causes the device to have a custom status. i uninstalled it and my phone said official but after a while i noticed that somehow supersu had disappeared . some of my apps antutu and cpuz said i had root access but the root checker apps said i was not rooted. i tried towel root again on mf6 no go. i was not able to install supersu from the play market or any of the apks from chainfire. the error was that it was incompatible and i think it may have had something to do with installing mobile odin pro as a system app and later deleting it.

luckily a factory reset made supersu come back and i then updated it.i was back to official status . i again installed mobile odin pro this time from the market. im not sure but i suspect that whether it is a system app or not it will say custom status if it is installed., the important thing is knox does not get tripped regardless/. and if need be flashing an unrooted full tar from pc odin or even factory reset will make status official again. (if needed for warranty} as far as ota updates custom status would prevent them but i dont mind that as ota probably would fail anyway and if it did suceed it would surely unroot. so i decided custom status is worth keeping my root apps.

BOTTOM LINE

if you prefer to have official ststus do not inject mobile odin while flashing only inject supersu and tick everoot. if you end up with root issues a factory reset may fix them as it did for me

CREDITS
GEOHOT FOR TOWELROOT
CHAINFIRE FOR MOBILE ODIN PRO

REQUESTED ADDITION FROM 1iwilly
hey ashraf sharif can you add this to your op this is from geohot=every android phone with a kernel date up to june 3=the key word up to june 3
so to me this mean that when we get another update we might have to re flash to n6 then do the same steps as we did with nf6. that's just my 2cents way of thinking i could be wrong but time will tell
Last edited by ashraf sharif; 8th July 2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: MORE INFO
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ashraf sharif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 196

978 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf sharif

this is what worked for me.
I too took kies update . Couldn't root ,went back to ne6 rooted again with towel root, then iPC odin flashed the nf6 modem after that i PC odin flashed the nf6 firmware. I did not see the kernel in beanstowns stock official thread. So i downloaded the full tar. Moved it to my sdcard. Flashed only kernel , recovery and system WITH MOBILE ODIN PRO. Since i already had installed modem and firmware seperately
. Mobile odin pro worked like a charm. Rooted knox oxo not tripped!

MOBILE ODIN PRO WILL GIVE A RED WARNING SAYING IT WILL TRIP KNOX . BUT IT DID NOT TRIP IT THIS TIME.
SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE NOTE 3.

After you flashed all of that did it wipe your phone?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st June 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc

449 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliman

After you flashed all of that did it wipe your phone?

no but i factory reset after kies upgrade to nf6 in an attempt to root again.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashraf sharif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Philly

978 posts
More
Followed directions and still lost root.

21st June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc

449 posts
More
Did you tick everoot? Inject supersu and inject mobil odin? DID YOU ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE FULL TAR?
Last edited by ashraf sharif; 21st June 2014 at 05:29 PM.
21st June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Philly

978 posts
More
Quote:

Did you tick everoot? Inject supersu and inject mobil odin? DID YOU ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE FULL TAR?

Only ticked ever root. Your tutorial didn't say the others lol. Glad I got all the files needed. I'm starting over now.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Restarted and it worked like a charm! Thanks again for all your help!

21st June 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc

449 posts
More
Knox didnt trip at least lol. So you may want to just flash the ne6 kernel in pc odin . Then towel root then try mobile odin again.maybe just flash the nf6 kernel . I think knox should be fine as long as you are flashing signed official samsung files
21st June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc

449 posts
More
Your welcome, glad it worked!
21st June 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 41

257 posts
Red face
ok so if i already install the nf6 firmware and modem thru pc odin i just down loaded the new mobile odin install it i copy the full tar to my sd card
what are the next steps just to flash the kernel.??

Quote:

Knox didnt trip at least lol. So you may want to just flash the ne6 kernel in pc odin . Then towel root then try mobile odin again.maybe just flash the nf6 kernel . I think knox should be fine as long as you are flashing signed official samsung files

21st June 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag nyc

449 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly

ok so if i already install the nf6 firmware and modem thru pc odin i just down loaded the new mobile odin install it i copy the full tar to my sd card
what are the next steps just to flash the kernel.??

well i would load the full tar under open file. Then clear modem and modem 2 as you already have them and do not need to replace those files. This will leave you with kernel. Recovery, and system. Tick enable everoot . Inject supersu. Inject mobile odin and wipe dalvick cache then flash

The Following User Says Thank You to ashraf sharif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread