Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which rom should i install on a lg g pro lite that supports french?

Tip us?

alankof2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Which rom should i install on a lg g pro lite that supports french?

i have a LG G PRO LITE DUAL ( lg g pro lite D686 ) that doesn't have FRENCH as one of the system language ( when you go to settings....>language & input .....> .... there is no option for french, and as a result, i CANNOT change the phone system language to french. i've tried all sort of apps ( locale text, morelocale2, text and locale, etc etc etc ) the only thing that happened was that part of the phone was changed to french, but not the system language. the majority of it is still in english.

I was told that the ONLY way i would be able to add/install/get french as a language on the phone is to either

1- CHANGE THE OPERATING SYSYTEM. the one on my phone is android 4.1.2. i was told that some operating systems like 4.2.2, or 4.4, and even 4.0.2, which i currently have on my htc phone come with french as part of the system language.

or

2- install some kind of custom ROM.

I would really appreciate it if someone out there could help me with either one of those options since I have no clue how to go about accomplishng any of these things, or if there is another way i can get french on my phone, please let me know as well.

I would even consider making a small donation, if you have paypal to thank you for your time.

some basic info about the phone:

its brand new, unlocked and unused, so i dont have to worry about backing up any data whatsoever.. i plan on shipping it to a french speaking country, which is why i absolutely MUST change it to french.
its an LG G PRO LITE DUAL phone
android version 4.1.2
and its already been rooted.

please help.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Looks like you might just be out of luck. There doesn't seem to be any development for that phone. Pretty sure the bootloader is locked meaning you can't install a custom recovery = no custom roms. Doesn't seem to be enough interest in the phone by developers to try any work arounds. Most likely because it is MTK based instead of their more normal Snapdragon processor phones.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)