Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cyanogenmod and dual SIMs

OP britseye

27th May 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I know I keep bleating about dual SIMs, but does anyone have experience of installing Cyanogenmod on a device with dual SIMs? (Accidentally or otherwise ;=))
27th May 2013, 10:25 AM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,819

15,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britseye

I know I keep bleating about dual SIMs, but does anyone have experience of installing Cyanogenmod on a device with dual SIMs? (Accidentally or otherwise ;=))

CM doesnt really support dual sim card devices. Many reason for this. They are not really an option outside of Europe, Most dual sim card devices dont release the kernel source for their devices so CM doesnt develop for them.
27th May 2013, 12:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
It really is not the case that dual SIM phones are largely limited to Europe. They are extremely popular in Africa, and as I understand it in India and China also.

There are quite a few reasons for this. In my case I can get a decent Internet connection from one provider, but cheap calls to friends and family, and better money transfer facilities from another. Other users my be tied to one provider for their work, but prefer another for their private life - usually on cost grounds. Yet others simply like to have dual personas. OK for non-smart phones, some people get along with carrying two small phones, but carrying two sizeable and expensive smart phones is a bit much, and if you get robbed or something you have more to lose.

It would be a pity if CM were restricted in the long term to techies etc who were not interested in such considerations.
27th May 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,819

15,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britseye

It really is not the case that dual SIM phones are largely limited to Europe. They are extremely popular in Africa, and as I understand it in India and China also.

There are quite a few reasons for this. In my case I can get a decent Internet connection from one provider, but cheap calls to friends and family, and better money transfer facilities from another. Other users my be tied to one provider for their work, but prefer another for their private life - usually on cost grounds. Yet others simply like to have dual personas. OK for non-smart phones, some people get along with carrying two small phones, but carrying two sizeable and expensive smart phones is a bit much, and if you get robbed or something you have more to lose.

It would be a pity if CM were restricted in the long term to techies etc who were not interested in such considerations.

Sorry what I was meaning was outside the US. One of the biggest issues is no kernel source code for these devices. Without it there will never be a CM rom for it. Also it would need a maintainer, Someone with one of the devices to build it.
23rd June 2013, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag PUNE
Thanks Meter: 29

128 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2190071

Check this CM10 working with dual sim ...hope somebody port cm10with dual sim support to samsung s duos..
20th March 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 78

323 posts
More
I Have Grand Duos 19082.. Working Gr8 with Dual Sim CM11 by pawitp
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563557

Works without any crashes & there r almost no bugs at all!
20th March 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #7  
Flag 2538′56.8145″N 8838′54.9646″E
Thanks Meter: 538

1,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
From My Experience
As Far As I Know,
CM Doesn't Support Dual Sim Card Phones . But Recently I Found That In One Of My Friend's Phone The Cm 10.2 Does Actually Work.
With Full Functionality
So It Is Now Available
20th March 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #8  

1 posts
Smile Need help
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelDroid

Hey can you help me to this. Cause i cant flash the delta but i already flashed the cwm with SELinux and i still got the status 7 error please help.
22nd March 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelDroid

I tried this method writing the code in the terminal emulater and rebooted but it doesn't work? please help for multi sim option in settings? please thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread