Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Talking [Q] Root/S-Off without HTCDev

OP comoba

23rd March 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
More
Hi, I know this has probably been asked soo many times already, and I can't really trust the methods to work, since I fear they might be out of date and will just mess my phone up badly.

I've ran with HTC Sense since I got the phone, I thought I'd try it out before rooting it ASAP when I bought it.
Now, when I've grown tired of this, I find out that, in order to get S-Off, HTC wants to wipe my entire phone, "sdcard" included, along with some preloaded apps. URGH.

So, my main goal here is to get S-Off, without having to backup my entire storage (so many tv episodes and flac), and root, in order to obtain some mods with Xposed. I may or may not flash another rom, at this point, I'm still digging HTC Sense thought.

I'm currently running Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), I haven't brother to update to kitkat, because I wanted to root/S-off at some point
Thank you and I hope you forgive me for posting yet another question like this.

e; Was thinking about it a bit, maybe I could upgrade to kitkat before rooting or so- really curious what it will bring to HTC One (reading a bit about it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-02.png
Views:	34
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	2646031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-22.png
Views:	29
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	2646032  
Last edited by comoba; 23rd March 2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: if you haven't notice, I'm a noob and I've only had 1 android phone previously, thought i rooted that one pretty fast
24th March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 98

595 posts
More
In the one general forum there is a post for firewater s off. There is a temp root option in there that does give the option of doing it without the Dev unlock which does the wipe. It doesn't work for everyone. If that doesn't work though you need to do the Dev unlock which will wipe it. It's not that hard to connect your phone to a computer to back up everything so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread