Cannot receive MMS (Cyanogen) Not APN problem..

OP jpom1983

19th March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
I have been having this problem for 6 months, finally its annoyed me to the point of asking for more help. If i take my SIM out of my phone and put it in my wifes, i can get picture messages no problem. if the SIM is in my s4 then i cannot. i will get an error message half our later saying message could not be downloaded.

I have verified my APN information, it matches exactly with what telus says it should be, and with what it on my wifes phone. Ive also talked to telus who couldnt do anything more to help me. everything is good on their end, and like i said it works when my sim is in my wifes phone, and we have the same APN settings.

I would love to be able to get pictures in texts, everyone sends them to me and i can never view them.

another issue is that i canont send picture messages unless i turn off wi-fi. if i dont it wont send and will eventually come back saying ti could not send. if wifi is off, sends no problem. i dont so much care about this one, but if anyone knows...

Thanks in advance!
19th March 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

41 posts
anyone?
20th March 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpom1983

I have been having this problem for 6 months, finally its annoyed me to the point of asking for more help. If i take my SIM out of my phone and put it in my wifes, i can get picture messages no problem. if the SIM is in my s4 then i cannot. i will get an error message half our later saying message could not be downloaded.

I have verified my APN information, it matches exactly with what telus says it should be, and with what it on my wifes phone. Ive also talked to telus who couldnt do anything more to help me. everything is good on their end, and like i said it works when my sim is in my wifes phone, and we have the same APN settings.

I would love to be able to get pictures in texts, everyone sends them to me and i can never view them.

another issue is that i canont send picture messages unless i turn off wi-fi. if i dont it wont send and will eventually come back saying ti could not send. if wifi is off, sends no problem. i dont so much care about this one, but if anyone knows...

Thanks in advance!

Make sure mobile data is enabled and/or you have your messaging app set to automatically download/enable data for downloads or whatever. MMS can only be sent over mobile data and sometimes it needs to be enabled manually to send and recieve.
20th March 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 21

70 posts
Hehe GUI setting is not going to solve your problem, can you attach your /system/csc/customer.xml file please, I know exactly what's your problem m8
21st March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Make sure mobile data is enabled and/or you have your messaging app set to automatically download/enable data for downloads or whatever. MMS can only be sent over mobile data and sometimes it needs to be enabled manually to send and recieve.

its on. internet works, maps work. everything works. except i cant get pics in texts.
22nd March 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 39

94 posts
More
Thumbs up App..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpom1983

anyone?

App Tweakker Play Store luck...
22nd March 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #7  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8

94 posts
More
Two different things have made this happen for me.
1. Adblock plus app
-made mms not with at all
2. Turning on the text with Google hangouts when you initially setup your phone.
-when turned on, messed up all my mms

Check these, how this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread