Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible Locked Boot Loader on Rogers S4?

Tip us?

Pellisco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Possible Locked Boot Loader on Rogers S4?

I was wondering, is there a locked boot loader on the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canadian Version)?

I am wondering this because if I go to root my phone, it could brick it, and I wouldn't like that....

So, please help. Thanks.

The French Tickl3r
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellisco View Post
I was wondering, is there a locked boot loader on the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canadian Version)?

I am wondering this because if I go to root my phone, it could brick it, and I wouldn't like that....

So, please help. Thanks.
to the best of my knowledge, it is the ATT version that has the locked bootie. You should be able to easily root your device using this file.

good luck!
Certified Couch Tester

Current: OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11 M9 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1; SlimKat

Past: Galaxy S5 XtreStoLite
Galaxy S4; Samy Deluxe Jelly Biafra
Nexus 4; Z1 ROM (xperia XL)
Galaxy S3; SlimKat
Galaxy S2; HellKat (Diablo kernel)

Pellisco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The French Tickl3r View Post
to the best of my knowledge, it is the ATT version that has the locked bootie. You should be able to easily root your device using this file.

good luck!
Okay, I was just wondering because if i do root my phone, and it has a boot loader, then it will possibly brick it.

I also just want to make sure that there isn't a boot loader, so if anyone else has any knowledge, please post below. Thanks!

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellisco View Post
Okay, I was just wondering because if i do root my phone, and it has a boot loader, then it will possibly brick it.

I also just want to make sure that there isn't a boot loader, so if anyone else has any knowledge, please post below. Thanks!
Well all phones have to have a bootloader. But I337m, which is the Canadian version, definitely has an unlocked bootloader. So you will not get any issues with CF Auto Root or anything.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

Pellisco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Well all phones have to have a bootloader. But I337m, which is the Canadian version, definitely has an unlocked bootloader. So you will not get any issues with CF Auto Root or anything.
Okay, good. Now I just have to make sure I have the correct CF Auto Root for this phone, which is SGH-I337m.